Construction - Sr Estimator
All companies under the Great Gulf umbrella are united by one simple goal: the pursuit of greatness. It’s achieved daily with the passion and dedication of every person who works tirelessly to make us great. If you have what it takes to make great things happen, apply today to join our team.
Position: Senior Estimator: Low/Mid Rise Construction
Accountability: Vice President, Contracts & Purchasing
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Senior Estimator is responsible for the preparation of estimates for ongoing development projects that occur throughout the year including bid or budget preparation, design/build and hard-bid estimates.
- Assist in the creation/maintenance of an estimating system for the Low/Mid Rise Division that is complimentary to the existing estimating system at Great Gulf.
- Co-ordinate invitations to subcontractors and suppliers to bid on projects.
- Work closely with Architects and other professionals.
- Complete estimate pricing and conduct price analyses.
- Complete budget and final cost estimates.
- Solicit and award some major subtrades to coordinate the work and implement the tender packages and subcontract awards in accordance with Great Gulf’s standard policies.
Specific Estimating Duties:
- Estimate and cost new low-rise plans and mid-rise buildings.
- Prepare, enter and continually maintain accurate quantity take-offs estimates.
- Finalize take-offs for base plan prototypes including site visit to confirm quantities.
- Set up database for future use by vendors and suppliers through Purchase Orders.
- Estimate and cost any optional floor plans or requests accurately and in a timely manner.
- Produce cost saving techniques, materials, and procedures to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Update, communicate and verify any direct cost changes, due to cost increases or quantity changes, to Vice President.
- Develop, learn, and implement software which applies to the job.
- Keep up to date on building code and municipal requirements.
- Compile Summary of Estimates for future historical data.
- Take-off Bill of Quantities for all divisions.
- Assist management with project planning through development reports and recommendations.
- Pricing based on both historical data and market pricing.
- Allocate cost keys for labour, material, equipment and subtrades.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Great Gulf Group (“GGG”) is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, our tradespeople and suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with GGG is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.