Taboo Public Areas Attendant
Are you physically fit, enjoy keeping busy, and like a variety of tasks in your summer job? Join Taboo Muskoka’s Housekeeping team as a Public Area Attendant!
Come work & play on beautiful Lake Muskoka this summer! Staff Housing Available! Taboo Muskoka is a privately owned Resort and Golf Operation in Gravenhurst, Ontario. Our mandate is to 'Create happiness by offering incredible Muskoka experiences to our guests and team."
The Housekeeping department is the heart of the hotel, and is responsible for the cleanliness, aesthetic upkeep of rooms, public areas, and property. No level of service, friendliness or glamour can equal the sensation a guest has upon entering a spotless, tidy and fresh area. We are building our Housekeeping Team to ensure the heart keeps beating!
Full time and part-time positions available with various start and end dates ranging from April through November. We are hiring for the following positions; Public Area Attendants, Room Attendants, Support Attendants, Houseperson and Laundry Attendants.
- Dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, cleaning and disinfecting all surfaces, washing windows and removal of all garbage in all assigned public areas ensuring cleanliness meets resort standard.
- Cleaning, disinfecting and restocking public washrooms throughout resort.
- Cleaning and organizing cart or caddy with daily supplies filling at beginning of shift and removing at end of shift.
- Care and control of all equipment used throughout the day, such as vacuums and or carts.
- Knowing any health and safety risks and avoiding injury while working by following WHMIS protocol.
- Removal of garbage throughout the resort.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills)
- Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English at a high school level.
- Knowledge of hotel property, facilities, history and region.
- Understand how to use cleaning equipment, supplies and chemicals safely; follow WHMIS health and safety requirement when performing duties use PPE.
- Public areas attendants are required to work both inside and outside in all public areas of the resort.
- Will be exposed and expected to work in dirty and dusty conditions. Job requires you to be on your feet 100% of your shift.
- Be in good physical condition to perform extensive walking, bending, kneeling, lifting and stretching.
- Able to lift 25 pounds and to push carts loaded with linen and supplies weighing up to 100 pounds. Lifting, carrying and pushing up to 25% of time.
- Be able to climb up and down flights of stairs while carrying linen, supplies, and or garbage that could exceed up to 25 pounds.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT TABOO MUSKOKA
- $1 per hour bonus for completing your contract
- $500 for referring fellow team members and earn $ for bringing in business
- Complimentary 2-night stay (off season)
- Complimentary use of resort amenities including trails, bikes, beach, pools, tennis, golf, gym
- Staff housing available (located in town of Gravenhurst – short 7kms or 5 mins from the resort)
- Shuttle services to and from staff housing and the resort
- 50% rebate on housing costs upon completion of your contract
- Potential room for career advancement
- Staff (and friends and family) discounts on meals, rooms, merchandise and golf
- Staff appreciation events and activities
- Employee recognition program
- Employee Wellness Program
Taboo Muskoka is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Taboo Muskoka will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Please be aware that Taboo Muskoka has a mandatory vaccination policy in effect for all employees.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We are not accepting International applicants without a valid work permit. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.