System Support Analyst
System Support Analyst – Level 2
Director, Software Development/VP Application Solutioning
Head Office - 351 King Street East, Toronto
Up to 10%, other than regular commute to the office of employment. Travel between Employee’s residence and office of employment does not qualify for reimbursement.
The successful candidate must be comfortable working to tight deadlines and changing priorities. This role is focused on the operations and purchasing aspects of an ERP, but will involve many other aspects of system functionality from time to time including reporting, consolidation, integrations, external reporting tools, etc.
- Triage System Support tickets using Fresh Works as ITSM Tool
- Work closely with End Users to fully understand the issues they are experiencing and replicate it in a non-prod environment
- Work closely with Level 1 support team and train them to be able to resolve majority of frequently repeating issues that do not require code changes
- Work closely with Application Development Manager and Lead Application Developer to understand bugs and issues for open support tickets and complete fixes promptly within specific SLA targets to minimize the impact to the business
- Perform Quality Assurance testing on selected items
- Perform and coordinate User Acceptance Testing on related issues with end users.
- Maintain Custom Report Templates using our internal reporting module
- Participate in daily standups and other Scrum related meetings
- Participate in Major Incident calls and perform Post-mortem analysis and problem resolution afterwards
- Strive to automate with DevOps and support an efficient CI/CD pipeline for continuous deployments
- Conduct after-hour deployments during hours agreed with the business
- Perform sanity check after live deployments during hours agreed with the business, including after-hours and on weekends.
- Must be willing to participate as needed on various ongoing projects. Job requirements are subject to change from time to time according to project requirements and the challenges of the organization.
COMMUNICATION/INFLUENCING OTHERS (Contacts)
- This role will be interacting daily with colleagues across all departments on a daily basis.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills)
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Engineering, College Programming degree in web application development, or equivalent industry experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Must be able and willing to document code changes.
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, self-starter.
- Must be able to collaborate with a team or other departments.
- 3+ years PHP & SQL experience
- Strong SQL skills, comfortable with writing and understanding complex SQL queries.
- Experience with using Incident Management module in an ITSM platform
- Experience with Fresh Works would be an asset
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts and terminology; having one of ITIL certificates would be an asset
- In depth knowledge of regular expressions
- Must be comfortable in a Unix shell environment and with Apache server
- Knowledge of XML
- Expertise with GIT version control – Git Lab or Git Hub;
- Knowledge of Jira and Agile Software Development/Scrum Framework
- Experience with Cloud Native Development and Cloud Serverless Architecture
- Proficient with Test Automation and PHP Unit Framework
- Experience with RPA or Selenium would be an asset
- Extensive experience with large enterprise software development, SDLC, Agile methodologies, CI/CD, and process automation.
- Expertise and knowledge in cloud technologies such as Azure or AWS and cloud-based development strategies such as serverless web applications.
- Knowledge of Object-oriented analysis and design, relational databases and data design, PostgreSQL.
- Experience in RESTful APIs design and development.
- This position entails customer service to all departments by ensuring user needs are met by successfully ensuring the functionality and integration of software enhancements in a web-based environment.
SUPERVISION & BUDGET AUTHORITY
- This position has no supervisory authority.
- Office environment – sitting/working at a desk/computer in a shared office space and/or remotely.
- Sitting at computer 90% of the time
- Manual dexterity is needed to operate a keyboard and mouse
- Work under pressure in a fast-paced environment is critical to success in this role
The Great Gulf Group (“GGG”) is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, our tradespeople and suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with GGG is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.