LB Golf Course Accounting Clerk
Golf Course Accounting Clerk
Are you financially inclined, have a sense of urgency and attention to detail? Lora Bay is hiring a full time, seasonal Accounting Clerk. The Accounting Clerk is responsible for various tasks withing the Accounting Departments such as filing and assisting both the Senior Resort Accountant and the Accounting Assistant.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Filing of Accounts Payable invoices and journal entries.
- Assist in preparing daily Golf Revenue Journals
- Assist with any group AR Billing – Pulling receipts, verifying revenue to BEO’s
- Assist with coding Accounts Payable invoices
- Entering Accounts Payable invoices into Sage 300 ACCPAC
- Reconcile all vendor/supplier statements at least once a month.
- Prepare Aged Payable report at the beginning of every week and review with the Resort Accountant to determine invoices to be paid in the current week.
- Prepare and submit cheques along with supporting documents on a weekly basis or as required.
- Enter Journals into Sage 300 ACCPAC
- Any other Duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ year’s accounting or hospitality experience.
- Can demonstrate good mathematical skills.
- Has over 2 years of directly related experience.
- Can work well with others.
- Is organized, efficient and accurate.
- Possesses good verbal and written communication skills.
- Is customer oriented.
- Is a self-starter.
- Can plan and prioritize daily tasks.
- Can work with a minimum of supervision.
- Can work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Can meet established deadlines.
- Is experienced in e-mail, word processing and spreadsheets, AccPac.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT and REQUIREMENTS
- Indoors in a shared office space.
- Ability to sit and operate a computer for long periods of time.
- Occasionally needs to lift and carry files weighing up to 25 pounds.
Benefits of Working at Lora Bay
- Great people, beautiful location, safe and fun work environment!
- paid training!
- free golf!
- staff (and friends and family) discounts on meals and golf
- staff parties, $$ rewards and recognition program
- $500 for referring fellow team members and earn $ for bringing in business
- End of contract bonus!
Lora Bay is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Lora Bay will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Please be aware that Lora Bay has a mandatory vaccination policy in effect for all employees.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We are not accepting International applicants without a valid work permit. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.