Finance - Financial Analyst
Great Gulf Build to Rent is currently seeking an Analyst to join our team; this role is integral to the evaluation of new investment opportunities for the venture. This role reports to the Vice President for Investments and Finance.
This analyst role will assist the Great Gulf Build to Rent team in creating and modifying complex financial pro forma models for single family development projects (including waterfall returns analysis), performing market research, and verifying development & financial assumptions. This role will involve substantial collaboration and exposure to multiple functional groups within our organization and will be key to the collection and distillation of insights and information to support investment decisions.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
Underwriting and Valuation
· Support transactions through collecting data/information from internal and external sources to prepare detailed underwriting and valuation analysis for direct real estate acquisitions, asset or portfolio dispositions/recapitalizations and capital structure analysis associated with joint venture, equity and debt transactions.
· Complete fundamental project or asset level valuation and analysis, simple and complex capital structure modelling and scenario/sensitivity analysis across the single-family rental asset class
· Maintain working knowledge of market activities, investment trends and product types to support the assessment of each transaction.
· Assist in the preparation of investment committee memos and various management reports/presentations that will be the basis of investment decisions by management
· Assist/support in the development of presentations and collateral materials necessary for securing acquisitions for the venture and its capital partners
· Assist in the underwriting and due diligence for potential acquisitions, including the review and analysis of legal agreements and other development related documents related to potential investments.
· Perform some light project management tasks, including maintaining meeting minutes and monitoring completion of action items.
Compliance and Reporting
· Assist in the preparation of quarterly financial statements and annual business plans for equity and debt investors
· Analyze and recommend for approval property operating budgets on a project-by-project basis
- Support the review and/or preparation of material associated with responses to investor inquiry(ies) regarding financial performance, environmental sustainability and governance (ESG) and other organizational strategies
- 2 – 5 years of related experience in real estate; asset management, investments, or financial analysis
- Bachelor's Degree in property related field – Property, Valuation, Real Estate, Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Economics, Business or similar. Graduate degree a plus.
- Prior experience modeling complex levered cash flows, waterfall returns, scenario analysis, etc. as well as an intuitive understanding of “time value of money” metrics is required.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Must have excellent numerical aptitude as well as demonstrated analytical ability and problem- solving skills
- Must have strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
The Great Gulf Group (“GGG”) is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, our tradespeople and suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with GGG is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.