Senior Treasury Analyst
At Great Gulf, our Treasury team drives operational and strategic value. As a Senior Treasury Analyst, you will play a meaningful role in enabling the activities of the Treasury department, including cash management activities, automation initiatives and other ad hoc projects. You will collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including our banking partners, to conduct a wide range of daily Treasury tasks as well as analytical and project work.
- Support the bank account opening and closing processes and obtain required documentation, signatures and assist with KYC process
- Maintain database of bank accounts and signatories
- Assist with signatory changes for bank accounts
- Assist with analyses on user access for various banking portals; develop and maintain internal controls
- Prepare monthly bank fee analyses and benchmark fees across banks
- Prepare audit confirmations for bank accounts and loans
- Assist with ad hoc analyses and projects
- Assist with implementation of various services with multiple banking partners
- Assist with migration to electronic payments for various payment types.
- Support the maintenance of Letters of Credits
- Prepare monthly LC reporting and find ways to automate it
- Prepare analyses for LC related fees, facility usage, commitment fee
- Support daily cash management activities including, but not limited to cash positioning, initiating wires, internal transfers, EFTs
- Ensure appropriate documentation is maintained for all bank transactions
- Provide insight and analyses on daily cash/banking activities to identify continuous process improvements
- Assist with bank draws and repayments
- Support audit requests
- Participate in setting up fraud prevention and Risk Mitigation Program and training for Treasury-related activities
- Support Great Gulf’s Corporate Card program and expense reporting processes
- Prepare lot discharge letters, statutory declarations, credit applications
- Participate in an support cross-functional projects and initiatives
COMMUNICATION/ INFLUENCING OTHERS
- Methodical and organized: This role requires that you work methodically and manage competing priorities, with strong sense of urgency, as the role is deadline driven.
- Driven, open and approachable relationship builder: You build relationships easily and are comfortable working cross-functionally. You have a desire to be part of a team responsible for building a highly effective treasury organization. Exceptional ability to work both autonomously and as part of the team is crucial for this role.
- A creative problem solver: You use critical thinking to evaluate problems and are always looking for process improvement opportunities and automation wherever possible. You are initiative driven and are always proactive.
- Diligent: You have solid attention to detail, and proactively follow up when needed to ensure outstanding information or actions are complete.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Eager and adaptable: You are eager to learn and expand your skillset, and comfortable adapting to changing responsibilities in a fast-paced environment. You have both curiosity and willingness to learn new skills.
- You are an independent thinker who knows when to ask for help and are comfortable doing so.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-5 years of progressive Treasury/cash management-related experience
- Working knowledge of banking services (i.e., wire transfers, EFTs, bill payments, tax payments)
- Knowledge of key accounting principles and cash management best practices.
- System savvy, with knowledge of ERPs and treasury systems.
- Experience with various banking portals with North American banks.
- CTP (Certified Treasury Professional) Designation (or in progress) is considered an asset.
SUPERVISION & BUDGET AUTHORITY
- Office environment – sitting/working at desk/computer in a shared office space and/or remote working from home
- Working hours during the day Monday to Friday and outside of standard business hours as required
- Sitting at computer 90% of the time
- Sitting, standing, bending (for filing)
- Manual dexterity is needed to operate a keyboard and mouse
The Great Gulf Group (“GGG”) is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, our tradespeople and suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with GGG is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.