Construction - Project Manager, Low Rise & Mid-Rise
VP, Contracts & Purchasing
Greater Toronto Area
Locally within the GTA, as required
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing and finalizing projects within budget while adhering to deadlines. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will support, manage and administer contracts for services and products across various projects.
- In collaboration with senior management, define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals.
- Develop project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members in a timely manner.
- Estimate the resources and personnel required to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Assess need for additional staff and/or consultants; liaise with department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within and/or outside the organization.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team; analyze results and plans.
- Conduct project postmortems and create recommendations reports to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Prepare and manage product and service contracts from beginning to end.
- Conceive, develop and deliver techniques, practices, and procedures for contract formation and administration in a manner that best protects company interests.
- In collaboration with senior management, determine contract recommendations that support business goals.
- Monitor contact performance for compliance with organizational needs and requirements, including follow-up checks for corrective action (special projects).
- Develop and deliver bid proposals, requirements documentation, and tender documents.
- Assist with contract change management and contract closure, as required.
- Establish and maintain regular written and verbal communications with senior management and end users regarding pertinent contract activities.
- Provide appropriate contract and subcontract information to accounting department as necessary.
- Monitor and analyze trends in contractual agreements; make recommendations for the future and identify areas for potential savings.
- Analyze trends and market conditions for the present and future contract requirements of goods, services and third-party agents.
- Promote and work within the guidelines of the company’s Occupational Health & Safety program.
- Additional duties, as required.
COMMUNICATION/INFLUENCING OTHERS (Contacts)
This position requires both written and verbal communication skills to communicate with both internal (Construction, Sales & Marketing, Design Studio, Finance and Third Party Ownership) and external (consultants, government agencies and trades).
This position provides services to both internal and external stakeholders. Relationships with trades, Construction team, Design Studio, Sales & Marketing, Management, Third Party Ownership and various Government Departments, must be built and maintained to ensure overall quality and construction compliance in accordance with construction documents and brand standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills)
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in a Construction environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience managing multiple large construction contracts involving consultants, construction firms and general contractors.
- Solid background in preparing and administering consulting and construction agreements.
- Knowledgeable of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Basic accounting and financial management skills pertaining to projects.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate effectively.
- Commitment to working in a team-based environment with a focus on continuous improvement and quality customer service.
SUPERVISION & BUDGET AUTHORITY
This position will supervise assistant project managers, project co-ordinators and budgetary authority.
- This position may require to work in both indoor and outdoor environments on construction sites
- Depending on the day and weather conditions, long exposure isn’t consistent but at times is needed
- Computer work, sitting at a desk to compile reports, meetings, emails, phone calls and other tasks
- Working mainly in office, may need to go to construction sites
- May need to attend meetings outside of office
The Great Gulf Group (“GGG”) is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, our tradespeople and suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with GGG is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.