Accounting - Payroll Coordinator
Accounting & Finance
Manager, Payroll & Mortgage Administration Accounting
351 King St. E
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, and working as a member of a payroll team, this role is responsible for the efficient processing of weekly, bi-weekly, hourly, salaried, and union payrolls.
- Compile, prepare and process weekly, bi-weekly, hourly, salaried, and union payrolls
- Ensure integrity, consistency, and reliability by inputting data accurately and completely
- Process new hires, terminations, changes to pay and any other related information
- Responsible for maintaining a high degree of confidentiality relative to personal data, salary data and associate benefits information
- Provide timely response to inquiries from HR, Accounting, managers, employees, government, and other third-party agencies, utilizing knowledge and interpretation of policies, procedures, and legislation
- Issue ROEs and respond to payroll and/or benefits related enquiries
- Process benefits, RRSP/DPSP enrolments and benefits terminations; submit information to related third parties
- Prepare, post and reconcile payroll journal entries after each payroll, quarterly and annually
- Review monthly group insurance invoices to ensure accuracy
- Assist in the preparation and review of all year-end payroll related documentation T4s, T2200
- Generate ad-hoc payroll reports as requested
- Prepare intercompany chargebacks invoices
Ability to communicate payroll queries effectively from all employees and work collaboratively with the payroll, accounting and finance team.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation and payroll accounting experience
- Must have 3-5 Ceridian Dayforce
- 5-7 years Canadian Payroll experience
- Strong understanding of Canadian payroll legislation, ESA
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to take initiative, make independent decisions, exercise sound judgment, develop creative solutions and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
This role will be working from home during the pandemic and possibility of hybrid as appropriate when office reopens.
Able to be seated for long periods of time in front of a computer screen. Able to sort, file, and print documents when necessary.
The Great Gulf Group (“GGG”) is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, our tradespeople and suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with GGG is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.