Staff Housing Manager
Do you have experience managing staff accommodations and enjoy creating a safe, clean environment for others? Taboo Muskoka is hiring a permanent, year round Staff Housing Manager. Taboo Muskoka is a privately owned Resort and Golf Operation in Gravenhurst Ontario, whose mandate is to 'Create happiness by offering incredible Muskoka experiences to our guests and team." The Staff Housing Manager, plays a key role in creating those incredible experiences by ensuring staff housing is a clean and safe place for staff to come back to.
The onsite/live in Staff Housing manager is responsible for and in charge of managing the Staff Housing’s day-to-day resident and building operations. In addition to responding to and overseeing any resident behaviour and other issues, you would be responsible for overall cleanliness of the common areas (outside and inside) in and around the Taboo Muskoka Staff Housing, including grass cutting and snow removal.
As Staff Housing Manager, you will also help to identify and report any repairs or deficiencies that are required to keep the building safe and in excellent functioning order, to the Engineering Department who is responsible for the upkeep and repair of building.
This position includes a managers unit offering rent free accommodation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Welcoming and assisting with move in/out of residents.
- Ensures that resident units are clean and in working order (i.e notify Engineering Department of any deficiencies) prior to resident move-ins
- Inspects and cleans resident units upon departure, notifying Human Resources with appropriate paperwork to release housing deposit.
- During work hours, respond to resident calls relating to building maintenance, safety concerns, noise complaints and other concerns (off hours, residents are directed to Manager on Duty and/or Security).
- Regular cleaning and maintenance of all common areas, including but not limited to kitchen, hallways, stairwells, laundry, other common rooms, patio area etc…
- Assisting Engineering Department with routine maintenance and inspections throughout the building and outside property area.
- Complete Spiceworks requests for all building maintenance issues that require Engineering Department intervention.
- Keep proper records of materials and parts used and communicating to Director of Engineering.
- Regular garbage removal within residence and maintaining cleanliness of outside garbage receptacles, collection and disposal of cigarette butts.
- Monitoring resident behavior and review security camera footage (i.e violations of house rules, messes not cleaned up in kitchen, stoves left on, other infractions or issues identified) and consult with Director of Operations (and possibly Human Resources) to determine verbal and/or written warnings required.
- Responsible for preparing incident/misconduct reports and issue Staff Behaviour Management form to be completed/signed off by Staff Housing Manager and employee’s manager for violation of house rules and occupancy agreements.
- Responsible for regular, ad hoc inspections of occupied units ensuring completed with another person (i.e Security, Manager on Duty and/or Taboo Department Head/Manager) and documents, completes any follow up incident/behaviour management reports required (provide to HR for employee file)
- Protects residence and company assets from vandalism and damage.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills)
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 2 years building maintenance/cleaning experience.
- Valid Canadian/Ontario “G” Class Driver’s License.
- Ability to initiate and prioritize work assignments and work independently
- Possess general understanding of Health & Safety, fire prevention, emergency regulations, First Aid Certification a preferred asset.
- General to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Experience dealing with potentially difficult resident situations, including dealing with various age groups, personalities and social abilities.
- Must enjoy a social environment and working with people of all ages.
- Potentially noisy resident environment;
- 3 story building
- Indoor/Outdoor work
- Walking up 3 flights of stairs – no elevator in building.
- Bending, twisting, climbing, reaching, crouching, squatting for cleaning.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs related to garbage removal
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT TABOO MUSKOKA
- Great people, beautiful location, safe, inclusive, diverse and fun work environment!
- Rent free accommodation at Staff Housing
- Annual merit increase and bonus program for permanent, year round employees
- Health & Dental, Long Term Disability, Travel benefits
- Vacation and sick pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP contribution and matching program after 1 year of service
- Earn $ for bringing in business
- Complimentary 2-night stay (off season)
- Complimentary use of resort amenities including trails, bikes, beach, pools, tennis, golf, gym
- Shuttle services to and from staff housing and the resort
- Potential room for career advancement
- Staff (and friends and family) discounts on meals, rooms, merchandise and golf
- Staff parties, Staff appreciation days, Trivia Nights, $$ rewards and recognition program
Due to Covid-19, operations are not business as usual. The health and safety of our staff, condo owners and guests is paramount and only candidates willing to comply with the Covid-19 policies and protocols will be considered.
Taboo Muskoka is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Taboo Muskoka will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resource.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We are not accepting International applicants without a valid work permit. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Taboo Muskoka is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with Taboo Muskoka is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.