351 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario
The Corporate Accountant will perform a variety of accounting and analytical functions with a strong focus on financial and tax reporting for multiple Canadian and US entities. This position works closely with other team members to provide timely and accurate management reporting and financial results. The ideal candidate for this role will ideally have an audit and assurance background with strong attention to detail and familiarity with various reporting standards.
- Preparation of Annual financial statements under IFRS, US GAAP, and ASPE, with notes and supporting backup for auditors
- Corporate and partnership tax filings for a series of entities, including Canadian and US compliance reporting
- Liaise with external tax consultants as needed during review of tax filings
- Quarterly Financial Reporting for various overhead companies including reviewing the expense allocations, recording accruals, maintaining the capital asset continuities, prepaid and accounts receivable schedules as well as other analysis
- Preform accounting related calculations, project and financial statement analysis as required.
- US$ and CDN$ Reporting of Land Investments in the US
- Analyzing and completing Chargebacks for credit card purchases, corporate events, management fees, other purchases/costs back to related companies
- Reconciling and booking of Intercompany transactions for various companies
- Reviews expense reports in SAP Concur to ensure proper coding, tax allocation and that it adheres to the company policy
- Analyzing and recording transactions that need to be booked by journal entries. (Wires, Closings, Credit Card expenses, etc.)
- New Reports and Responsibilities as required.
This position requires both written and verbal communication skills to communicate with both internal (other departments) and external (investment partners, accounting auditors and trades) stakeholders. Need to build and maintain strong relationships in gathering data and resolving differences that arise.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- CPA Designation or in final stages of completion
- 3+ years experience in financial reporting and analysis with a strong preference for public accounting training
- Understanding of accounting and reporting in a complex, multi-entity organization
- Working knowledge of corporate taxation, including ability to prepare basic T2/T5013, basic US corporate tax knowledge a plus
- Intermediate/Advanced MS Office skills with experience in working with and manipulating large data sets
- Experience in MS Navision and SAP Concur are strong assets
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Strong financial, analytical and problem solving skills
- Achievement oriented; must be able to juggle multiple tasks, tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Self- starter who takes initiative and thrives in a fast paced environment
- Office environment – sitting/working at desk/computer in a shared office space and/or remote working from home
- Working hours during the day Monday to Friday and overtime time as required to meet deadlines
- Work under pressure in a fast-paced environment is critical to success in this role
- Sitting at computer 90% of the time
- Sitting, standing, bending (for filing)
- Manual dexterity is needed to operate a keyboard and mouse
The Great Gulf Group (“GGG”) is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, our tradespeople and suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with GGG is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.