Accounting - Accounts Payable Manager
Accounts Payable Manager
Finance & Accounting
Senior Vice-President, Accounting
351 King St. E
Occasionally, within GTA
As the Accounts Payable Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Accounts Payable Department providing leadership and oversight. This role calls for your brilliant time management skills, your passion for solving problems and exceptional communication skills.
Critical focus will be implementation of new system (AP digitization), and successful change management.
- Deploys associates and solutions to resolve urgent vendor payment matters, and support vendor / agent payment and remittance requirements.
- Reviewing and managing AP inbox to ensure all queries are addressed in a timely manner
- Develops and monitors vendor statistics, process and productivity metrics and analyzes payables trends.
- Maintain an AP performance dashboard and define improvements based on the underlying data
- Manage month-end accounts payable close processes to ensure tasks are completed timely and in accordance with corporate time frames.
- Manage invoice work-flow process for approvals, timeliness, and accuracy.
- Providing guidance and assistance to AP team where necessary, escalating issues appropriately.
- Work closely with various groups to ensure that specific accounts payables activities are appropriately accounted for within the financials.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of payments, discrepancy resolution and vendor accounts reconciliation.
- Review vendor Statements and reconcile and discrepancies.
- Weekly & monthly AP aging reports
- Help maintain a complete and accurate vendor list in the system following internal procedures.
- Assist with providing accounts payable information that pertains to CRA HST audits.
- Interacts on a regular basis with accounting, management, 3rd party partners, vendors to ensure AP deliverables are met.
- Provide accounts payable information to other departments i.e., Finance and Leasing groups to assist in their analysis and proformas.
- To oversee governance of future system requiring technical expertise and capability
- Integration of new entities into existing controls and processes, helping lead gap identification, risk mitigation and process design
- Partners with Treasury to ensure payment procedures and technologies adhere to company policies, internal controls, and industry best practices.
- Partners with Treasury and IT groups to implement leading payment technologies and methods to reduce costs, improve cash flow and support vendor remittances requirements.
- Lead the AP digitization project.
- Continuously search for opportunities to improve processes and reduce manual work
Policy & Procedures
- Ensure all control processes, policies and procedures are properly documented and streamlined where necessary
- Design, document, implement, and maintain effective procedures and controls over Accounts Payable while ensuring internal controls are designed and operating effectively
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, business or equivalent, with a professional accounting designation.
- 5-7 years of accounts payable experience in a supervisory role, experience with a full procure to pay process would be an asset
- Committed to continuous improvement with view of building scalable and standardized processes within a robust control environment.
- Solid interpersonal skills suited for a professional and thoughtful corporate environment.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Build and foster relationships with key business partners across the organization.
- Exceptional time management and project prioritization skills. Ability to work under time sensitive deadlines and adjust to urgent situations.
- Experience managing people, leading change, and building relationships with key business partners across the organization and within the team
- Experience with Navision is considered an asset
- Experience in low rise/hi rise residential development is considered an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and an aptitude and interest in learning new software applications
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a high performing culture, open to and comfortable with evolving changes and new challenges.
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of partnership, integrity, and high performance.
SUPERVISION & BUDGET AUTHORITY
- Manage the AP team including hiring, training, performance management, coaching and development.
- Review vacation plans and arrange for backup to ensure no disruption of work.
- Responsible for being cross trained and ensuring AP team can backfill for each position/work.
Currently working from home with frequent communication via e-mail, phone, and video conference. Will work form 351 King at least 4 days per week.
Comfortably working; sitting in front of laptop/computer throughout the workday
The Great Gulf Group (“GGG”) is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, our tradespeople and suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with GGG is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.