Software Development - Lead Application Developer
Lead Application Developer
- Work closely with Application Development Manager, Business Analysts and Project Managers to define requirements for ongoing initiatives and complete development activities on time and within required scope.
- Collaborate with Application Development Manager to define and revise coding standards and best practices
- Lead and help team to resolve day-to-day technical issues related to development, code integration and DevOps
- Strive to automate with DevOps and support an efficient CI/CD pipeline for continuous deployments
- Administer Jira environment, assign licenses to new developers and stakeholders
- Lead daily standup meetings when required, review progress and assign work to other developers
- Conduct after-hour deployments during hours agreed with the business
- Must be willing to participate as needed on various ongoing projects. Job requirements are subject to change from time to time according to project requirements and the challenges of the organization.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Computer Science Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able and willing to document code changes
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, self-starter
- Must be able to collaborate with a team or other departments
- 8+ years PHP & SQL experience
- Must be comfortable in a Unix shell environment and with Apache server
- Knowledge of XML
- Expertise with GIT version control – Git Lab or Git Hub; Experience with migrating to upgrading Git Lab would be an asset
- Knowledge of Jira and Agile Software Development/Scrum Framework
- Experience with Cloud Native Development and Cloud Serverless Architecture
- Proficient with Test Automation and PHP Unit Framework
- Experience with RPA or Selenium would be an asset
- Extensive experience with large enterprise software development, SDLC, Agile methodologies, CI/CD, and process automation.
- Expertise and knowledge in cloud technologies such as Azure or AWS and cloud-based development strategies such as serverless web applications.
- Knowledge of Object-oriented analysis and design, relational databases and data design, PostgreSQL.
- Experience in RESTful APIs design and development.
The Great Gulf Group (“GGG”) is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, our tradespeople and suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with GGG is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.