Vice President, Land Development
VP, Land Development
President, Low Rise Residential, Canada
351 King St. E Toronto, ON M5A 0L6
The Vice President, Land Development oversees all aspects of development for assigned projects located in the Greater Toronto Area. The Vice President will manage and/ or participate in all aspects of development, from project acquisition, community master planning, land use entitlements, project proformas and oversee site development through to final assumption.
- Oversee assigned community projects as the development lead internally and externally.
- Manage and direct the development approval processes, including Master Planning, Official Plan Amendments, Draft Plan Approvals, Zoning approvals in accordance with Great Gulfs Business plan objectives and timelines.
- Retain and manage the development team of consultants as well and the internal land development team assigned to the project
- Manage the municipal relations with municipal staff and politicians and other levels of governmental agencies to affect the land use entitlements
- Coordinate with internal departments, housing, sales and marketing, resort as required.
- Management of project scope, maintaining schedules and project budgets to maintain company's business plan objectives
- Be responsible for the project proforma and development budget in accordance with the Business Plan objectives. Prepare internal corporate reporting as required and/ or partner correspondence and reporting.
- Work on due diligence of potential new acquisition projects as required
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 15 years' experience as a land development manager in a Vice President or Senior Director role in the private sector working for a land developer/home builder
- Degree in Land Use Planning, Business Management, Civil Engineering or related discipline.
- Have strong leadership skills and confidence to lead, direct and manage a professional team of consultants and internal peers
- Provide direction, guidance, and support to staff to ensure that corporate directives and polices are understood and achieved
- Demonstrates strong strategic thinking, business acumen, and proven analytical skills
- Detail oriented, multi-task oriented, professional and self-motivated.
- Experience in MS Office systems.
- Candidates must have a demonstrated sense of urgency, be able to work independently, bring a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and an ability to lead and adapt.
- Strong belief in continuous learning and utilizing all new knowledge and skills on the job.
- Ability to function and thrive in a team-oriented environment collaborating effectively with others while supporting the goals of the business.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to multi-task and meet or exceed all deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Proactive problem recognition and solution.
- Thrive in a position that will allow you to make a significant contribution to the ongoing growth and profitability of the Company's operations.
The Great Gulf Group (“GGG”) is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, our tradespeople and suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with GGG is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.