Are you a friendly, outgoing & positive individual and looking for summer employment in a fun, awesome resort on the lake? We’d love to hear from you!
Come work & play in beautiful Muskoka this summer! Taboo Muskoka is a privately owned Resort and Golf Operation whose mandate is to 'Create happiness by offering incredible Muskoka experiences to our guests and team." Staff housing available!
Taboo Muskoka is looking for a bright, friendly individual to operate our gatehouse during the months of June, July and August. The gatehouse will be operational 7 days a week between the hours of 10am – 10pm (shifts approx 5-7 hours long).
You are the first point of contact for all guests and condo owners entering the property. Your job will be to greet and record all visitors, as well as provide direction for those checking in, visiting for the day or eating at the Boathouse Restaurant.
- Greet and record resort guests and condo unit owners in a timely, friendly, courteous manner to ensure a seamless arrival and departure experience.
- Perform and complete duties of Gatehouse Operator including but not limited to:
- Greet each visitor, inquiring where they are going
- Cross reference the name they’ve provided with hotel/condo owner spreadsheet
- Deny access to those individuals no registered.
- Deny access to those individuals whom are not abiding by condo corporation declaration
- Direct visitors to the appropriate parking facility
- Answer any resort related questions
- Promote and communicate resort and surrounding area information and activities if asked (handbook/cheat sheet provided, along with list of staff to call when you don’t know the answer)
- Assist in resolving guest issues;
- Answer guest inquiries promptly and in professional and courteous manner
- Work and communicate in a positive and cooperative manner with other Taboo Muskoka team members in the Recreation Department and other resort departments;
- Complete daily and monthly reporting requirements
- Preparation of accurate daily pass along information
- Contributing to achieving the loyalty of our guests by exceeding their expectations and providing warm personal service with each interaction. Answer guest inquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Knowledge of resort Health & Safety/Emergency procedures
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills)
- Valid Canadian Driver’s License;
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- High school diploma is an asset, however not required;
- Experience in Guest Services is preferred;
- Friendly, positive and dynamic personality;
- Self- motivating and ability to ask questions
- Able to communicate effectively and professional in English; verbal and written.
- Fluency in a second language will be considered an asset.
- Ability to thrive and work in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Indoors sitting and/or standing in small gatehouse.
- 100% of time is spent in the gatehouse greeting guests.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including shifts of 10am-4pm or 4pm-10pm throughout the week, weekends and holidays.
- Job can range from standing for long periods of time to sitting for long periods of time (30 + minutes)
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT TABOO MUSKOKA
- Great people, beautiful location, safe, inclusive, diverse and fun work environment!
- $1000 bonus for completing your contract
- $500 for referring fellow team members and earn $ for bringing in business
- Complimentary 2-night stay (off season)
- Complimentary use of resort amenities including trails, bikes, beach, pools, tennis, golf, gym
- Staff housing available (located in town of Gravenhurst - short 7kms or 5 mins from the resort)
- Shuttle services to and from staff housing and the resort
- 50% rebate on housing costs upon completion of your contract
- Paid training
- Potential room for career advancement
- Staff (and friends and family) discounts on meals, rooms, merchandise and golf
- Staff parties, Staff appreciation days, Trivia Nights, $$ rewards and recognition program
- Employee Wellness Program
Taboo Muskoka is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Taboo Muskoka will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Please be aware that Taboo Muskoka has a mandatory vaccination policy in effect for all employees.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We are not accepting International applicants without a valid work permit. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Taboo Muskoka is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with Taboo Muskoka is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.