Vice President, Infrastructure and Support Services
351 King St E, Suite 1300, Toronto ON/Remote
Within North America, up to 25% travel.
We are looking for a driven, motivated individual to join our infrastructure team. A strong IT professional who can analyze, monitor, improve and resolve system issues. This would include looking at anything from optimizing server performance, improving processes, maintenance and optimizing systems both on prem and in the cloud.
- Monitor, Maintain, troubleshoot/problem solve network and server systems
- Deploy and maintain new server systems
- Configure, monitor, and maintain server backups. Conduct periodic restores
- Ensure regular security patching of systems
- Deploy, install and support IT equipment
- Monitor, document and report on system utilization and capacity
- Diagnose and provide solutions to recurring issues
- Provide escalation support for IT Helpdesk
- Participate in architectural and configuration discussions
- Co-ordinate with equipment and software vendors
- Create and maintain documentation
- Train support staff on new technologies
- Take part in on-call support rotation
- Other related tasks and duties as assigned
The Analyst role will work closely with other members of the Infrastructure team, along with members of the Web Development and Application Development teams to act as a resource regarding all components of Infrastructure support and management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Understanding of security best practices
- Degree in a related discipline would be an asset (e.g., B.Eng. B.Sc., etc.)
- 5+ years’ experience in infrastructure and security
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Platforms and Technologies including Window Server, Hyper-V, and Databases
- Strong technical knowledge of cloud services platforms such as Office 365, Azure, and Intune.
- Strong technical knowledge of Linux/Unix Platforms and Technologies
- Strong technical knowledge of HP servers, SAN’s
- Strong working knowledge of Powershell
- Experience in system backups, including SQL, Windows/Linux on prem, and in the cloud
- Experience in system inventory, monitoring, and patching
- Experience in disaster recovery
- Experience with a helpdesk support tool
- Technical understanding of networking principles
- Experience in delivering IT Development projects, system implementation and business support
- Experience in multiple implementation phases; system selection, design, development, testing, and support
- Strong creative thinking abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
SUPERVISION & BUDGET AUTHORITY
This position is a desk job. The applicant will have the choice of working from the office at 351 King St East, Toronto, or working from home with the occasional day at the office.
This position requires that the applicant be able to use a computer, including some potential heavy lifting.
The Great Gulf Group (“GGG”) is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, our tradespeople and suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with GGG is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.