Sales & Events Coordinator
Sales & Events Coordinator
Taboo Muskoka is hiring a Sales & Events Coordinator! Are you a leader, well organized with strong communication skills? In this position you will build and maintain working relationships with internal and external partners and leverage these relations to deliver innovative and memorable events. As a Sales and Events Coordinator, your responsibilities will include public relations, customer relationship management, effectively soliciting and expediting accounts to positively impact resort revenues. event coordination, logistics oversight, communications, and maintain well-organized event records.
Come work & play on beautiful Lake Muskoka this summer! Staff Housing Available! Taboo Muskoka is a privately owned Resort and Golf Operation in Gravenhurst, Ontario. Our mandate is to 'Create happiness by offering incredible Muskoka experiences to our guests and team." The health and safety of our staff, condo owners and guests is paramount and only candidates fully vaccinated and willing to comply with the new Covid-19 policies and protocols will be considered.
- To respond to inquiries and solicit group business when applicable that enables the hotel to meet and/or exceed revenue goals in rooms, catering and miscellaneous meeting requirements. This will consist of telephone/email solicitations, site inspections, and written communication.
- Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
- Assist and complete reports, and/or data collection. (90-day Action plan and Weekly Sales Activity)
- To assist in the preparation of the annual Sales and Marketing plan & Attend weekly Sales and Marketing Meetings
- Preparing, Updating and Reading BEOs, checking white board and checking in with Director of F&B in order to organize and prepare for the group.
- Oversee and control any changes to BEOs/Schedule of events prior to and during an event;
- Help in Facilitation of Set up and tear down all group conference rooms, including Boathouse;
- Work closely with Director of F&B & Executive Chef on day of events to confirm service timing;
- Review all BEOs with clients prior to the events, confirm all event details and particulars, and have client execute agreed BEO; when Director of F&B or member of the FOH team is not present.
- Check and report on condition of room space;
- Assist and work with the all relevant departments where applicable to ensure that the guests’ needs and requirements are fulfilled.
- Provide all other administrative services for events as required.
- Store and organize supplies;
- Assist with food service; and oversee and responsible for the hiring and management of any conference attendant staff.
- Support Director of F&B in supervising, coordinating, communicating and motivating all staff to ensure outstanding guest service within the event and meeting function spaces and Boathouse Restaurant as needed.
- Maintain an onsite presence where applicable during all meetings and events given the seasonal nature of the operation.
- Oversee that established quality standards for timely delivery, presentation is exceeded.
- Ensure financial contribution and that all service standards are met by generating revenue, and cost controls
- Assist in ensure daily, weekly and monthly POS and group billings/postings are accurate, completed and reported to resort accounting management
- Ensure compliance with all Government agencies, including Smart Serve, AGCO, Ministry of Health and Ministry of Labor statutory requirements
- Document any group/guest complaints and forward to Director of Operations, Director of F&B and Executive Chef.
- Document all disciplinary action, including conversations with team members
- Achieve highest expected level of guest experience
COMMUNICATION/INFLUENCING OTHERS (Contacts)
· This position requires strong and effective communication with both internal and external contacts via email, telephone, or in person. A friendly, positive and professional manner is required during all interactions with guests and team members.
· The Sales & Event Coordinator provides service both internally and externally. Leadership skills and tact are required in order to supervise and lead the team. Her/She must also ensure that all guest service and special requests are responded to in a professional and positive manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills)
- College Diploma in Hotel/Resort Management is an asset
- Minimum of 1+ years of restaurant experience, preferably in a resort or hotel environment/operation
- Must be computer literate, with experience in Windows, Internet, Excel, Outlook
- Silverware POS knowledge is an asset, but not necessary
- Maestro knowledge is an asset, but not necessary
- Passionate and productive leadership skills
- Strong organizational, supervisory and communication skills
- Team player who fits into TABOO MUSKOKA corporate culture
- Dynamic, energetic, creative and positive presence and problem solver
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Well organized with good cash handling skills
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all team members
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT & REQUIREMENTS
- Indoors and outdoors in various climates
- Office environment – sitting/working at desk/computer
Benefits of Working at Taboo Muskoka
- Great people, beautiful location, safe and fun work environment!
- paid training!
- free golf!
- staff (and friends and family) discounts on meals, rooms and golf
- staff parties, $$ rewards and recognition program
- $500 for referring fellow team members and earn $ for bringing in business
- use of facilities including trails, bikes, beach, pools, tennis, golf
- staff housing available (located in town of Gravenhurst - short 7kms from resort)
Taboo Muskoka is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Taboo Muskoka will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Please be aware that Taboo Muskoka has a mandatory vaccination policy in effect for all employees.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We are not accepting International applicants without a valid work permit. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Taboo Muskoka is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with Taboo Muskoka is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.