Food & Beverage - Captain
Taboo Muskoka is hiring a F&B Captain! Are you a leader, detailed oriented and organized? Do you love meeting new people and not only know what it means to meet customer expectations, you 'exceed them' for breakfast?! If you have your SMART SERVE, are a self starter, can work under pressure and have a sense of urgency when it comes to delivering exceptional customer service, keep reading and see if this role is for you!
Come work & play on beautiful Lake Muskoka this summer! Staff Housing Available! Taboo Muskoka is a privately owned Resort and Golf Operation in Gravenhurst, Ontario. Our mandate is to 'Create happiness by offering incredible Muskoka experiences to our guests and team." The health and safety of our staff, condo owners and guests is paramount and only candidates fully vaccinated and willing to comply with the new Covid-19 policies and protocols will be considered.
Our Food & Beverage team is looking for a F&B Captain to work in the Boathouse Restaurant. Assisting the F&B Manager, you will supervise & lead front of house staff to provide guests with professional, personable, knowledgeable and efficient service. STAFF HOUSING IS AVAILABLE!
- Assist guest with table reservation, seating, greeting and welcoming guests promptly and in a warm and friendly manner, and thanking guests conveying anticipation for their next visit.
- Ensure guest are serviced within specified time.
- Has a good knowledge of menu and presentation standards.
- Speak with guests and staff using clear and professional language, and answer phone calls using appropriate telephone etiquette.
- Able to answer any questions regarding menu and assist with menu selections.
- Able to anticipate any unexpected guest need and reacts promptly and tactfully.
- Always applies service techniques correctly at all times, and serving Food & Beverage items with enthusiasm.
- Serve food courses and beverages to guests.
- Set tables according to type of event and service standards.
- Record transaction / orders in POS systems at the time of order.
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding any menu questions, the length of wait and product availability.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Assist Support staff in executing their jobs efficiently.
- Assist Food and Beverage Manager with Boathouse/Event operations, as directed, pertaining food and beverage requirements.
- Ensure that all rooms and Boathouse Patio are closed properly and clean/stocked for next shift.
- Check with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and beverages.
- Responsible for clearing, collecting and returning food and beverage items to proper area.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc. throughout the shift.
- Reviews order dockets ensuring accurate and timely preparations for order requirements accordingly.
- Present accurate final bill to guest and process payment.
- Perform shift closing on the Point of sales terminal and tally cash and credit card settlements.
- Ensures that the restaurant is always kept clean and organized, both at the front as well as the back of house areas.
- Ensures that hotel brand standards and SOP's are consistently implemented.
- Work with fellow staffs and manager to ensure that the restaurant achieves its full potential.
- Completes the daily responsibilities that are set for each individual shift.
- Complete closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc.
- Conducts inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
- Active in training and developing lead servers, bartenders, and servers
- Any other duties related to food and beverage service assigned by the manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills)
- Prior supervisor/leadership experience required.
- Ontario Smart Serve certification.
- Must have experience supervising and training staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills such as problem solving, appreciation, collaborative thinking, active listening skills, and work ethic.
- Valid Driver’s License for golf cart use.
- Ability to use email, POS, and hotel management systems.
- Basic math skills and experience in handling credit and debit transactions.
- Food handling certification an asset but not required.
- First Aid/CPR certification an asset but not required.
- Indoors and outdoors in the spring/summer and fall weather conditions on covered patio, dining room and conference rooms.
- Moving furniture when preparing special arrangements.
- Walking, bending, carrying glassware, plates, glass racks, large platters, and chaffing dishes.
- Ability to lift up to 50 LBS.
- Long periods of standing on your feet.
- Computer work – sitting at a desk
- Must be willing to work multiple shifts including, morning, afternoon, evenings, weekends and holidays.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT TABOO MUSKOKA
- Great people, beautiful location, safe, inclusive, diverse and fun work environment!
- $1000 bonus for completing your contract
- $500 for referring fellow team members and earn $ for bringing in business
- Complimentary 2-night stay (off season)
- Complimentary use of resort amenities including trails, bikes, beach, pools, tennis, golf, gym
- Staff housing available (located in town of Gravenhurst - short 7kms or 5 mins from the resort)
- Shuttle services to and from staff housing and the resort
- 50% rebate on housing costs upon completion of your contract
- Paid training
- Potential room for career advancement
- Staff (and friends and family) discounts on meals, rooms, merchandise and golf
- Staff parties, Staff appreciation days, Trivia Nights, $$ rewards and recognition program
- Employee Wellness Program
Taboo Muskoka is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Taboo Muskoka will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Please be aware that Taboo Muskoka has a mandatory vaccination policy in effect for all employees.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We are not accepting International applicants without a valid work permit. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Taboo Muskoka is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with Taboo Muskoka is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.