Food & Beverage - Food & Beverage Manager
Taboo Muskoka is hiring a F&B Manager! Are you a leader, detailed oriented and organized? Do you love meeting new people and not only know what it means to meet customer expectations, you 'exceed them' for breakfast?! If you have previous experience leading a F&B team, have your SMART SERVE, are a self starter, can work under pressure and have a sense of urgency when it comes to delivering exceptional customer service, keep reading and see if this role is for you!
Come work & play on beautiful Lake Muskoka this summer! Staff Housing Available! Taboo Muskoka is a privately owned Resort and Golf Operation in Gravenhurst, Ontario. Our mandate is to 'Create happiness by offering incredible Muskoka experiences to our guests and team." The health and safety of our staff, condo owners and guests is paramount and only candidates fully vaccinated and willing to comply with the new Covid-19 policies and protocols will be considered.
Our Food & Beverage team is looking for a F&B Manager who will be in charge of the food and beverage and service components for the Boathouse Restaurant, Bar 19, and the 19th Hole Gastro Pub. Oversee the day to day operation of the outlets, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, bar and special event/conference services, and will stand in when Director F&B is not on site.
STAFF HOUSING IS AVAILABLE! Join Taboo Muskoka’s Food & Beverage team now!
- Supervises, coordinates, communicates and motivates all staff to ensure outstanding guest service within all outlet operations.
- Subject to the approval of the Director of F&B, assist in the ordering and control of inventories of all supplies (i.e. beverage, small wares, linen)
- Maintains a regular onsite presence during all peak services times, and during conference events given the seasonal nature of the operation.
- Ensures financial contribution and that all service standards are met by generating revenues, and cost control.
- Ensures daily, weekly and monthly POS and group billings/postings are accurate completed and reported to resort accounting management.
- Meets labor, beverage cost percentages and budgets.
- Be passionate about the training of food and beverage team members and hold team members accountable.
- Ensures and enforces that all aspects of front and back of house operation meet the highest of health and safety and sanitation standards.
- Ensures compliance with all Government agencies, including Smart Serve, AGCO, Ministry of Health and Ministry of Labor statutory requirements.
- Ensures the highest level of health and safety standards for all guests and team members.
- Document and follow up all guest complaints/issues.
- Ensure daily briefings are being taken place in all outlets.
- Assist with the completion of monthly Food & Beverage inventories for all outlets.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills)
- University degree or College Diploma in Hotel/Resort Management is an asset.
- Minimum of 3+ years of restaurant management experience, preferably in a resort or hotel environment/operation;
- Must be computer literate, with experience in Windows, Internet, Excel, Outlook and Silverware POS.
- Passionate and productive leadership skills
- Strong organizational, supervisory and communication skills
- Team player who fits into TABOO MUSKOKA culture
- Dynamic, energetic, creative and positive presence and problem solver
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Well organized with have good cash handling skills
- Maintain positive, professional, diplomatic and calm working relationships with all team members
- Smart Serve certified
- Food Handling Certification and First Aid/CPR certification an asset
- Indoors and outdoors in the spring/summer and fall weather conditions on covered patio, dining room and conference rooms.
- Moving furniture when preparing special arrangements.
- Walking, bending, carrying glassware, plates, glass racks, large platters, and chaffing dishes.
- Ability to lift up to 50 LBS.
- Long periods of standing on your feet.
- Computer work – sitting at a desk
- Must be willing to work multiple shifts including, morning, afternoon, evenings, weekends and holidays.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT TABOO MUSKOKA
- Great people, beautiful location, safe, inclusive, diverse and fun work environment!
- $1000 bonus for completing your contract
- $500 for referring fellow team members and earn $ for bringing in business
- Complimentary 2-night stay (off season)
- Complimentary use of resort amenities including trails, bikes, beach, pools, tennis, golf, gym
- Staff housing available (located in town of Gravenhurst - short 7kms or 5 mins from the resort)
- Shuttle services to and from staff housing and the resort
- 50% rebate on housing costs upon completion of your contract
- Paid training
- Potential room for career advancement
- Staff (and friends and family) discounts on meals, rooms, merchandise and golf
- Staff parties, Staff appreciation days, Trivia Nights, $$ rewards and recognition program
- Employee Wellness Program
Taboo Muskoka is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Taboo Muskoka will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We are not accepting International applicants without a valid work permit. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Taboo Muskoka is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with Taboo Muskoka is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.