Golf F&B - Golf Line Cook
Do you have a passion for cooking, have high standards and enjoy being part of a team? Taboo is hiring Line Cooks to work at our Golf Course. Compensation based on experience.
Come work, play and stay in beautiful Muskoka this summer! Taboo Muskoka is a privately owned Resort and Golf Operation whose mandate is to 'Create happiness by offering incredible Muskoka experiences to our guests and team.” The health and safety of our staff, condo owners and guests is paramount and only candidates fully vaccinated and willing to comply with the new Covid-19 policies and protocols will be considered.
Reporting to the Golf Sous Chef, you will be responsible for preparing and providing all food at the Golf course (19th Hole Gastro Pub and at various time at Bar 19 at the Upper Deck) ensuring guests receive efficient and high quality dishes. You will also ensure a clean, sanitary and organized work environment. Compensation based on experience.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Reviews daily productions with Golf Sous Chef
- Responsible for prepping and cooking food to the satisfaction of resort standards and in a timely manner
- Restocks food items throughout the shift and at the end of the shift
- The 2nd may be required to assist in all cooking areas including Bar 19 and the Proshop
- Works closely with the FOH team
- Ensures all health and safety rules are applied and respected (especially HACCP)
- Ensure workstations are kept tidy and presentable at all times
- Ensure detailed cleanliness of all work areas
- Assist with inventory when required
- All other duties as assigned
- To be fully aware of and strictly observe Health & Safety and fire procedures.
- To be fully aware of and comply with hotel and company rules and regulations as identified in the team member handbook.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school level English communication skills
- 2 - 3 years experience in the kitchen
- Enrolled in culinary courses an asset
- Food Safety Handling Certificate preferred
- Indoors and outdoors in small café style kitchen at golf course with wood fired pizza oven, BBQ and deep fryer
- Working in food truck with small deep fryer and grill
- Fast, high pressure environment.
- Use of sharp knives and tools, hot equipment and liquids, stoves, etc.
- Standing 90% of the time.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Occasional kneeling, pushing or pulling.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including, days, evening, weekends and holidays.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT TABOO MUSKOKA
- Great people, beautiful location, safe, inclusive, diverse and fun work environment!
- $1000 bonus for completing your contract
- $500 for referring fellow team members and earn $ for bringing in business
- Complimentary 2-night stay (off season)
- Complimentary use of resort amenities including trails, bikes, beach, pools, tennis, golf, gym
- Staff housing available (located in town of Gravenhurst - short 7kms or 5 mins from the resort)
- Shuttle services to and from staff housing and the resort
- 50% rebate on housing costs upon completion of your contract
- Paid training
- Potential room for career advancement
- Staff (and friends and family) discounts on meals, rooms, merchandise and golf
- Staff parties, Staff appreciation days, Trivia Nights, $$ rewards and recognition program
- Employee Wellness Program
Taboo Muskoka is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Taboo Muskoka will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Please be aware that Taboo Muskoka has a mandatory vaccination policy in effect for all employees.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We are not accepting International applicants without a valid work permit. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Taboo Muskoka is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with Taboo Muskoka is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.