Golf F&B - Golf F&B Server
Taboo Muskoka is Hiring Golf Food & Beverage Servers! Do you have your SMART SERVE, love the game of golf, meeting new people and not only know what it means to meet customer expectations, you 'exceed them' for breakfast?! If you're a self starter, can work under pressure and have a sense of urgency when it comes to delivery exceptional customer service, keep reading and see if this role is for you!
Come work & play in beautiful Muskoka this summer! Staff Housing Available!! Taboo Muskoka is a privately owned Resort and Golf Operation whose mandate is to 'Create happiness by offering incredible Muskoka experiences to our guests and team.'' The health and safety of our staff, condo owners and guests is paramount and only candidates fully vaccinated and willing to comply with the new Covid-19 policies and protocols will be considered.
Reporting into the Golf F&B Supervisor and Director of Golf, Golf F&B Servers will work various shifts at the 19th Hole Gastro Pub, Bar 19 at the Upper Deck and Golf Beverage Cart.
- Greet guests and inform them of any specials, make recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverage items
- Engage, converse and interact with guests in a positive, friendly, professional, courteous and respectful manner at all times
- Take food and beverage orders, accurately prepare items in a timely fashion, detailing and effectively communicating any modifications or allergies, assisting with food preparation is required
- Drive a golf beverage cart around course and sell drinks, alcohol, and snacks, communication course conditions and/or course issues with the proshop
- Up-sell beer and other beverage items at each outlet
- Serve all food and beverage orders efficiently using proper service etiquette and steps of service when required
- Ensure guest satisfaction and report any problems or concerns to the Food and Beverage Supervisor and/or Director of Golf
- Ensure outlets and beverage cart are well stocked and iced throughout the entire shift, completion of side duties assigned by F&B Supervisor
- Assist with the golf shop and outside service staff as required
- Assist with the operation of on-course and Bar 19 contests
- Ensure outlets, including bathrooms, are kept clean at all times, assisting with removal of garbage when required
- Ensure all Covid 19 protocols are being met as outlined by Taboo Muskoka Management
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills)
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Ontario Smart Serve certification required
- Food handling certification an asset but not required
- First Aid/CPR certification an asset but not required
- Prior serving or bartending experience an asset but not required
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT & REQUIREMENTS
- Outdoors in the spring/summer and fall weather conditions with minimal indoor work
- Ability to life up to 20 LBS
- Long periods of standing on your feet
- Must be willing to work multiple shifts including morning, afternoon, evenings, weekends and holidays
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT TABOO MUSKOKA
- Great people, beautiful location, safe, inclusive, diverse and fun work environment!
- $1000 bonus for completing your contract
- $500 for referring fellow team members and earn $ for bringing in business
- Complimentary 2-night stay (off season)
- Complimentary use of resort amenities including trails, bikes, beach, pools, tennis, golf, gym
- Staff housing available (located in town of Gravenhurst - short 7kms or 5 mins from the resort)
- Shuttle services to and from staff housing and the resort
- 50% rebate on housing costs upon completion of your contract
- Paid training
- Potential room for career advancement
- Staff (and friends and family) discounts on meals, rooms, merchandise and golf
- Staff parties, Staff appreciation days, Trivia Nights, $$ rewards and recognition program
- Employee Wellness Program
Taboo Muskoka is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Taboo Muskoka will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Please be aware that Taboo Muskoka has a mandatory vaccination policy in effect for all employees.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We are not accepting International applicants without a valid work permit. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Taboo Muskoka is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with Taboo Muskoka is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.