Golf F&B - F&B Supervisor
Taboo Muskoka is hiring a F&B Supervisor for the Golf Course. Are you a leader, detailed oriented and organized? Do you love meeting new people and not only know what it means to meet customer expectations, you 'exceed them' for breakfast?! If you have your SMART SERVE, are a self starter, can work under pressure and have a sense of urgency when it comes to delivering exceptional customer service, keep reading and see if this role is for you!
Come work & play on beautiful Lake Muskoka this summer! Staff Housing Available! Taboo Muskoka is a privately owned Resort and Golf Operation in Gravenhurst, Ontario. Our mandate is to 'Create happiness by offering incredible Muskoka experiences to our guests and team." The health and safety of our staff, condo owners and guests is paramount and only candidates fully vaccinated and willing to comply with the new Covid-19 policies and protocols will be considered.
Our Food & Beverage team at the Golf Course, is looking for a F&B SUPERVISOR to supervise & lead golf F&B staff to provide guests with professional, personable, knowledgeable and efficient service at the 19th Hole Gastro Pub, Bar 19 at the Upper Deck and Golf Beverage Cart.
- Responsible for the daily operation of the Proshop Bar, Patio, Bar 19 and Beverage Cart
- Weekly scheduling for all F&B Staff
- Maintain Food & Beverage inventories, count and spillage sheets
- Assist the Director of Golf & Outside Services Supervisor with event operations, as directed, pertaining food and beverage requirements
- Responsible for forecasting and managing daily staffing levels to ensure adequate staffing for all events and daily operations
- Responsible for ensuring all F&B outlets are closed properly and ready for the following day
- Accountable for the performance, conduct, discipline food and beverage staff, reporting all staff incidents to incidents to the Director of Golf and/or HR Manager
- Counsel staff in regard to performance issues in accordance with SOP’s and HR procedures
- Accountable for adherence to all food & beverage procedures and policies, ensure staff are following outlined procedures and policies
- Work with the Golf Sous Chef and Director of Golf to complete weekly food & beverage orders
- Assume F&B Server duties when required and according to business volumes
- Engage, converse and interact with guests in a positive, friendly, professional, courteous and respectful manner at all times
- Ensure that staff clock out immediately after cash-out is printed. Take daily paperwork/cash-outs, accounting forms to front desk, and/or safe deposit
- Ensure that all closing procedures are completed including cash-outs, daily pass-along, accounting procedures and proshop requirements
- Assist with Golf Proshop Attendant duties when required, including answering the telephone and retail responsibilities
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Golf
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills)
- Previous serving and supervisory experience an asset
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Ontario Smart Serve certification required
- Food handling certification an asset but not required
- First Aid/CPR certification an asset but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Understanding of POS software an asset
- Must demonstrate superior supervisory skills
- Excellent public relations skills
- Must excel in customer service
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and a proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Be neat and professional in appearance
- Approach responsibilities in an organized and energetic manner
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT & REQUIREMENTS
- Moving furniture when preparing special arrangements
- Must be able to lift 40 LBS.
- Long periods of standing on your feet
- Must be willing to work morning shifts, evening shifts, weekends and holidays.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT TABOO MUSKOKA
- Great people, beautiful location, safe, inclusive, diverse and fun work environment!
- $1000 bonus for completing your contract
- $500 for referring fellow team members and earn $ for bringing in business
- Complimentary 2-night stay (off season)
- Complimentary use of resort amenities including trails, bikes, beach, pools, tennis, golf, gym
- Staff housing available (located in town of Gravenhurst - short 7kms or 5 mins from the resort)
- Shuttle services to and from staff housing and the resort
- 50% rebate on housing costs upon completion of your contract
- Paid training
- Potential room for career advancement
- Staff (and friends and family) discounts on meals, rooms, merchandise and golf
- Staff parties, Staff appreciation days, Trivia Nights, $$ rewards and recognition program
- Employee Wellness Program
Taboo Muskoka is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Taboo Muskoka will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Please be aware that Taboo Muskoka has a mandatory vaccination policy in effect for all employees.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We are not accepting International applicants without a valid work permit. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Taboo Muskoka is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with Taboo Muskoka is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.