Front Desk/Guest Services - Night Auditor
Are you a night hawk, methodical, and detailed oriented? Taboo Muskoka is hiring Night Auditors! Staff Housing available. Come work & play in beautiful Muskoka this summer!
Taboo Muskoka is a privately owned Resort and Golf Operation whose mandate is to 'Create happiness by offering incredible Muskoka experiences to our guests and team." The health and safety of our staff, condo owners and guests is paramount and only candidates fully vaccinated and willing to comply with the new Covid-19 policies and protocols will be considered.
Working with established systems, procedures and standards to assist Accounting and Guest Service teams in a support role. You will provide guests with professional and superior guest service and aid in the overnight operation of the Front Office and resort in a safe and healthy manner.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Check-in and check-out resort guests and condo unit owners in a timely, friendly, courteous manner to ensure a seamless arrival/departure experience.
- Ensure the current day's revenue balances are reconciled, the payments to the guest folios are processed, and the accounts receivables are balanced.
- Balance and audit all Front Office postings and settlements.
- Verify that all departments have posted all their revenues.
- Reconcile the food and beverage point of sale system, for each outlet, to the PMS system; record and adjust entries.
- Perform and complete duties of Frontdesk Operations including but not limited to taking/making guest reservations, attending to switchboard, operating Frontdesk
- Promote and communicate resort and surrounding area information and activities;
- Assist in resolving and answering guest inquiries and issues in a professional and timely manner;
- Work and communicate in a positive and cooperative manner with other team members;
- Perform and complete nightly system shut down for back up purposes;
- Perform daily balancing of cash, credit card, debit and other departmental room posts;
- Preparation and distribution of daily reports to resort managers;
- Preparation of accurate daily pass along information
- Knowledge of resort Health & Safety/Emergency procedures
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills)
- Degree or Diploma in Hotel/Resort Management is an asset;
- Experience in Guest Services is preferred;
- Basic Accounting skills;
- Positive and dynamic personality;
- Must be computer literate, with experience in Windows, Internet, Excel spreadsheets and email. Experience with Maestro PMS is also preferred but not required;
- Able to communicate effectively and professional in English; verbal and written;
- Fluency in a second language will be considered an asset;
- Self- motivating, well organized with attention to detail;
- Ability to thrive and work in a team environment;
- Ability to multi task and prioritize work environment;
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Indoors standing at the front desk during overnight hours;
- Movement throughout resort property and other departments;
- 90% Constant standing and walking throughout shift.
- Due to the nature of the hospitality industry may be called upon to work flexible hours, primarily shift work, including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to stand throughout an 8 to 12 hour shift.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT TABOO MUSKOKA
- Great people, beautiful location, safe, inclusive, diverse and fun work environment!
- $1000 bonus for completing your contract
- $500 for referring fellow team members and earn $ for bringing in business
- Complimentary 2-night stay (off season)
- Complimentary use of resort amenities including trails, bikes, beach, pools, tennis, golf, gym
- Staff housing available (located in town of Gravenhurst - short 7kms or 5 mins from the resort)
- Shuttle services to and from staff housing and the resort
- 50% rebate on housing costs upon completion of your contract
- Paid training
- Potential room for career advancement
- Staff (and friends and family) discounts on meals, rooms, merchandise and golf
- Staff parties, Staff appreciation days, Trivia Nights, $$ rewards and recognition program
- Employee Wellness Program
Taboo Muskoka is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Taboo Muskoka will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Please be aware that Taboo Muskoka has a mandatory vaccination policy in effect for all employees.
Taboo Muskoka is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with Taboo Muskoka is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.