Food & Beverage - Commis 3-2
Do you have a passion for food, high standards and enjoy being part of a team? Come work, play and stay in beautiful Muskoka this summer (Staff Housing Available)! Taboo Muskoka is a privately owned Resort and Golf Operation whose mandate is to 'Create happiness by offering incredible Muskoka experiences to our guests and team.” Our Culinary team at the Boathouse Restaurant plays a critical role in ensuring this happens and we are looking and for COMMIS/COOKS 3-2 to join the team!
Reporting to the Jr Sous Chef, Sous Chef and Head Chef, you will be responsible with assisting the overall operation and cleanliness of the kitchen, refrigeration & surrounding areas.
The health and safety of our staff, condo owners and guests is paramount and only candidates fully vaccinated and willing to comply with the new Covid-19 policies and protocols will be considered.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Production and prep of food items in the kitchen
- Daily organization and preparation for service including food preparation tasks (mincing, garnishes, stocks, sauces, vinaigrettes, etc) & hot and cold cooking tasks (simple cooking, seasoning, etc)
- Ensure that health and safety rules are applied and respected (especially HACCP)
- To look after his or her own area
- To ensure the cleanliness and tidiness of working areas (floors, equipment, tables, etc)
- The Commis chef may be required to stand in for his/her superior
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school level English communication skills
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in kitchen
- Enrolled in culinary program.
- Ontario Food Handlers Certification
- Indoors and outdoors in a hot industrial kitchen
- Fast, high pressure environment
- Standing 90% of the time.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds
- Use of sharp knives and tools, hot equipment and liquids, stoves, etc.
- Occasional kneeling, pushing or pulling.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including, days, evening, weekends and holidays.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT TABOO MUSKOKA
- Great people, beautiful location, safe, inclusive, diverse and fun work environment!
- $1000 bonus for completing your contract
- $500 for referring fellow team members and earn $ for bringing in business
- Complimentary 2-night stay (off season)
- Complimentary use of resort amenities including trails, bikes, beach, pools, tennis, golf, gym
- Staff housing available (located in town of Gravenhurst - short 7kms or 5 mins from the resort)
- Shuttle services to and from staff housing and the resort
- 50% rebate on housing costs upon completion of your contract
- Paid training
- Potential room for career advancement
- Staff (and friends and family) discounts on meals, rooms, merchandise and golf
- Staff parties, Staff appreciation days, Trivia Nights, $$ rewards and recognition program
- Employee Wellness Program
Taboo Muskoka is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Taboo Muskoka will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Please be aware that Taboo Muskoka has a mandatory vaccination policy in effect for all employees.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We are not accepting International applicants without a valid work permit. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Taboo Muskoka is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with Taboo Muskoka is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.