Food & Beverage - Demi Chef de Partie
Do you have a passion for food, high standards and enjoy being part of a team? Come work, play and stay in beautiful Muskoka this summer (Staff Housing Available)! Taboo Muskoka is a privately owned Resort and Golf Operation whose mandate is to 'Create happiness by offering incredible Muskoka experiences to our guests and team.” Our Culinary team at the Boathouse Restaurant plays a critical role in ensuring this happens and we are looking and for DEMI CHEF de PARTIE’s to join the team!
Reporting to the Head Chef, you will be responsible for the preparation and presentation of all dishes in your allocated area, ensuring that all guests receive efficient service and high quality dishes.
The health and safety of our staff, condo owners and guests is paramount and only candidates fully vaccinated and willing to comply with the new Covid-19 policies and protocols will be considered.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- To be fully aware of the preparation and service of all dishes on the resort menus.
- To prepare and present dishes on resort menus according to customer requirements.
- To ensure mise en place is carried out in your allocated area of work to meet forecasted demand.
- To maintain portion control guidelines in order to ensure the profitability of kitchen is maintained.
- To record temperature checks on food and in storage areas as directed to ensure statutory requirements are met and report any variances are rectified immediately.
- To ensure food materials are stored correctly and rotated to meet company and legal requirements.
- To keep food wastage to a minimum.
- To maintain high standards of working practices in terms of personal appearance and safe and hygienic working practices.
- To assist with the training of and supervise other members of the kitchen brigade.
- To assist with quality control and menu planning where appropriate.
- To practice the correct and safe use and care of all items of equipment.
- To report all damage, hazards and wear and tear occurring within your areas of work.
- To ensure all security and control procedures laid down are strictly adhered to.
- To assist with various cleaning duties as required.
- To be aware of product cost and kitchen gross profit targets.
- To assist with the ordering of food materials as required following company procedures.
- To be fully aware of and strictly observe Food Safety regulations and requirements.
- To attend training when required.
- To be fully aware of and strictly observe Health & Safety and fire procedures.
- To be fully aware of and comply with hotel and company rules and regulations as identified in the team member handbook.
- Day to day supervision of commis and stewards
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school level English communication skills.
- Minimum one years’ experience in casual fine dining, including a la carte and volume production experience.
- Completion of culinary training diploma.
- Ontario Food Handlers Certification
- Indoors and outdoors in a hot industrial kitchen
- Fast, high pressure environment
- Standing 90% of the time.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds
- Use of sharp knives and tools, hot equipment and liquids, stoves, etc.
- Occasional kneeling, pushing or pulling.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including, days, evening, weekends and holidays.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT TABOO MUSKOKA
- Great people, beautiful location, safe, inclusive, diverse and fun work environment!
- $1000 bonus for completing your contract
- $500 for referring fellow team members and earn $ for bringing in business
- Complimentary 2-night stay (off season)
- Complimentary use of resort amenities including trails, bikes, beach, pools, tennis, golf, gym
- Staff housing available (located in town of Gravenhurst - short 7kms or 5 mins from the resort)
- Shuttle services to and from staff housing and the resort
- 50% rebate on housing costs upon completion of your contract
- Paid training
- Potential room for career advancement
- Staff (and friends and family) discounts on meals, rooms, merchandise and golf
- Staff parties, Staff appreciation days, Trivia Nights, $$ rewards and recognition program
- Employee Wellness Program
Taboo Muskoka is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Taboo Muskoka will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Please be aware that Taboo Muskoka has a mandatory vaccination policy in effect for all employees.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We are not accepting International applicants without a valid work permit. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Taboo Muskoka is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with Taboo Muskoka is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.