Are you the outdoors type and whether rain or shine like to be outside and active? We are seeking strong, energetic, reliable and dedicated individuals to join our Golf Course Maintenance department.
Taboo Muskoka is a privately owned Resort and Golf Operation whose mandate is to 'Create happiness by offering incredible Muskoka experiences to our guests and team''. Due to Covid-19, operations are not business as usual. The health and safety of our staff, condo owners and guests is paramount and only candidates fully vaccinated and willing to comply with the new Covid-19 policies and protocols will be considered.
Open Positions: Full Time and Part Time
- Golf course set up for daily play
- General mowing with specialist hand held equipment
- Maintenance of all bunkers; raking, edging, minor construction and maintenance of other hazards such as water features.
- Repairing wear and tear caused by golfers and animals
- Attending to drainage problems
- Removing early morning dew and debris from all playing surfaces
- Repairing divots and edging irrigation heads
- Preparing ground for and establishing turf
- Assist with any projects that are done on course; sodding, drainage, tree work
- Assist with any cultural practices that are necessary
- Maintaining golf course furniture
- Communicating effectively and keeping management informed
- Understanding roles and responsibilities
- Opportunity to learn other pieces of equipment during the summer months
- Use of hand tools; lawn mowers, rakes, shovels
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must hold a valid Ontario driver's license.
- Detail oriented
- Available to work early morning hours, weekends and holidays
- Able to work in a team environment
- Work in changing weather conditions
- Previous golf or landscaping experience an asset but not essential
- Knowledge of maintenance equipment and asset but not essential
- High regard for Health and Safety for self and others
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT TABOO MUSKOKA
- Great people, beautiful location, safe, inclusive, diverse and fun work environment!
- $1000 bonus for completing your contract
- $500 for referring fellow team members and earn $ for bringing in business
- Complimentary 2-night stay (off season)
- Complimentary use of resort amenities including trails, bikes, beach, pools, tennis, golf, gym
- Staff housing available (located in town of Gravenhurst - short 7kms or 5 mins from the resort)
- Shuttle services to and from staff housing and the resort
- 50% rebate on housing costs upon completion of your contract
- Paid training
- Potential room for career advancement
- Staff (and friends and family) discounts on meals, rooms, merchandise and golf
- Staff parties, Staff appreciation days, Trivia Nights, $$ rewards and recognition program
- Employee Wellness Program
Hourly wages will be determined based on previous experience.
Taboo Muskoka is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Taboo Muskoka will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Please be aware that Taboo Muskoka has a mandatory vaccination policy in effect for all employees.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We are not accepting International applicants without a valid work permit. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Taboo Muskoka is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with Taboo Muskoka is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.