High Rise - Construction Quality Assurance Manager
The Construction Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for protecting the value of the capital entrusted to us by our customers, equity partners, founders, and other stakeholders on high rise construction sites. The overall purpose for the position is to function as a liaison between Great Gulf and the Construction Manager, General Contractor and trades providing services to ensure overall quality and construction compliance in accordance with construction documents and brand standards.
- Responsible for construction site quality assurance inspections - including, but not limited to, hardwood flooring, tile, kitchens, appliances, plumbing fixtures, framing, concrete placement, etc.
- Reviewing construction documents for suites and common areas and ensuring design compliance and construction quality by flagging any discrepancies to management
- Assess the Construction Manager’s project timelines and milestones and provide input and feedback
- Monitor stock levels between suppliers and installers, assisting with forecasting and inventory planning as required
- Responsible for making sub-trade process improvement recommendations
- Liaise with PDI Auditors, proactively looking for and resolving deficiencies prior to PDI Audits
- Review project team reports and identify discrepancies with site conditions
- Proactively reviewing proposed changes in project scope, identify potential issues and report to executive team
- Participate in project postmortems to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Work closely with the VP Design and Construction overseeing the design teams to ensure that design intent and constructability are in alignment
- Review existing agreements and recommend amendments as necessary for future projects
- Work closely with the VP Design and Construction to ensure timely delivery of suite finishing packages both during Pre-Construction and Construction phases
- Health & Safety conscious, document and report all concerns, accidents, and incidents to immediate supervisor for follow up and take appropriate action
- Read and adhere to the Employee Handbook Guidelines, Policies, and procedures
- Embody and uphold Great Gulf brand standards
- Other duties as assigned
COMMUNICATION/INFLUENCING OTHERS (Contacts)
This position requires both written and verbal communication skills to communicate with both internal (other departments) and external (customers and trades) stakeholders. Must provide input on technical and quality details, communicate deficiencies, participate in postmortems, assist in resolving customer issues.
This position provides services to both internal and external stakeholders. Relationships with trades, PDI auditors, Construction team, Design Studio, management, and customers must be built and maintained to ensure overall quality and construction compliance in accordance with construction documents and brand standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills)
- Post-secondary degree in Engineering or other construction related discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in a QA role, preferably in High-rise Residential
- Excellent software skills with MS Office, MS Project, Newstar, ProCore, and others
- Independent and trustworthy
- Highly organized
- Team oriented and supportive
- Passionate about construction and development
- Willingness to travel within North America if required, with valid passport
SUPERVISION & BUDGET AUTHORITY
This position has functional oversight of Construction Quality Assurance Coordinator(s). No direct administrative oversight (reviews, approvals, compensation, discipline, etc.)
No budget authority.
- This position works in both indoor and outdoor environments on construction sites: heat, cold, dirt, rain, noise.
- Depending on the day and weather conditions of the job will change, long exposure isn’t consistent but at times is needed.
- Some computer work, sitting at a desk to compile reports, enter payment releases, emails and other administrative tasks.
- 90% Constant standing and walking throughout shift.
- Bending, twisting, walking down and upstairs.
- Mid to high paced.
- Monday – Friday shifts during the day (flexible hours, working when construction site works).
- May have need to climb step ladder to inspect ceiling conditions.
The Great Gulf Group (“GGG”) is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, our tradespeople and suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with GGG is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.