Senior Construction Project Manager (High Rise)
The Senior Construction Project Manager (High Rise) will be responsible for leading multiple projects throughout the full cycle of development from pre-construction to implementation and execution. This individual will oversee large budgets, communicate with multiple internal and external stakeholders, and be deeply involved in all aspects of high rise construction.
Development Phase (Pre-Construction):
- Manage and review all design documents and supervised the design efficiency and propose value engineering
- Manage and review tender documentation for construction related phases
- Assisting the Development team in securing and negotiating all contracts relevant to construction
- Engaging in the process of pre-construction with potential construction management companies and securing RFPs
- Engage with potential trades, evaluate market pricing and new technologies.
Implementation and Execution Phase:
- Consulting and collaborating all contractual documentation with General Counsel of the company
- Contract administration
- Leading all construction activities and provide the necessary reporting for the management on decision making
- Control and monitor the communication flow between the consultant team and stakeholders
- Responsible for the supervision of project issue for construction drawings and value engineering
- Lead weekly construction site meetings
- Managing, distribute, follow up and update project schedules
- Control and update short term schedules
- Creating and implementing the different jobs that represent the overall development
- Creating and following up with the documentation required for the budget control software system
- Generating the relevant financial provisions
- Ensuring data for the financial institution requirements
- Review impact on project cash flow requirements
- Review and manage all PCO/CO submittals
- Implementing and following up with company’s procedures related to procurement
- Ensuring the technical and financial validity of offers for services and materials
- Issuing the appropriate Purchase orders and follow up adequate deliveries
- Implementing and following up the quality control procedures
- Establishing and implementing the requirements of inspections and 3rd party testing
- Securing and analyzing all testing reports
- Ensuring prompt remedial action
There will be frequent communication with our SVP, Construction, General Counsel, Land Development team, and several internal and external stakeholders at all levels of Management/Executive.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 10+ years of high-rise residential construction experience with strong exposure to mixed-use developments
- Post-secondary education in Engineering or Construction Management are strongly preferred
- Full cycle project management experience including in depth knowledge of the preconstruction phase
- Outstanding leadership capabilities with experience overseeing staff members and managing relationships internally and externally
- Extensive budgeting and financial management experience
- Intermediate level MS Office skills, particularly with MS Excel and Word
- High level of integrity and accountability; determination to see projects through to the end and do what is necessary for success
- Coming from a large residential builder is strongly preferred
SUPERVISION & BUDGET AUTHORITY
Yes, they will be responsible for full budget oversight on each project as well as leading and motivating staff members
This role will be mainly working from home/office, however, the successful candidate should be prepared to visit various sites throughout the GTA with a possibility for some travel in the U.S.
Able to navigate on a construction site when needed. Working long hours when required from a desk. Frequent communication via phone, e-mail.
Great Gulf is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Great Gulf will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.