Project Coordinator - Construction
· Assist Project Managers with various projects as required, under the direction of the Vice President, Contracts & Purchasing.
· Review contract documents for reference and familiarity.
· Establish lines of communication with all subcontractors and consultants, including coordination of required meetings.
· Assemble specifications as required and distribute to design consultants, project Superintendent and Subcontractors; prepare building permit applications.
· Coordinate trade bidding process by preparing and distributing tender documents, scope of work, drawings and layouts.
· Assist with subcontract negotiations and awards under the direction of and with the approval of the Project Manager by creating and maintaining spreadsheets.
· Issue and monitor changes to contracts and/or drawings, including:
o Expediting and receiving cost information;
o Ensuring all documents are attached and signed for all contracts;
o Issuing supplementary purchase orders under the direction of the Project Manager;
o Issuing and confirming information to all parties concerned.
· Ensure that site Superintendents are supplied with all current drawings, engineering, layouts and schedules required to maintain all current schedules.
· Attend all regular project review meetings; record and circulate meeting minutes, as required.
· Update and monitor costing and budgets with software provided to produce proper budget reports and purchase orders.
· Report any observed problems, including contract interpretation disputes, together with proposed solutions, to the Project Manager.
· Ensure proper storage of files, drawings, etc. throughout construction and at completion.
· Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
· Provide appropriate contract and Subcontractor information to the Accounting department.
· Review Subcontractor invoices for accuracy and forward for approval and payment.
· Additional duties, as assigned, by the Vice President, Contracts and Purchasing.
Great Gulf is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Great Gulf will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.