Human Resources - People and Culture Business Partner
People and Culture Business Partner
Sr. Director, Human Resources
King Street East, Toronto and Muskoka Beach Road, Gravenhurst (dependent on client groups)
Occasionally, dependent on business need in order to effectively support assigned client groups
The People and Culture Business Partner will provide best in class Human Resources service and support to assigned client groups and business partners. Responsible for reviewing, maintaining and enhancing the organization’s human resources strategy by executing and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs and practices. Key areas of specialization within the team include, but are not limited to recruitment, employee relations, reward & recognition, employee engagement & communication, performance and compensation management.
- Act as a first point of contact for HR inquiries for assigned client groups.
- As a key business partner, provide day to day HR leadership, advice, counsel and strategic support to assign client groups and others as needed.
- Work in collaboration with HR counterparts in other lines of business to promote best practices and minimize unnecessary differences.
- Continually identify and make processes improvement recommendations to elevate the quality of HR services and support.
- Stay apprised of all applicable employment legislation, ensuring we are legally compliant, making recommendations and revisions as necessary.
- In partnership with the Sr. Director, Human Resources review, research, create and implement new HR policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in and lead for assigned client group a thoughtful & inclusive, reward and recognition strategy, ensuring alignment with other program areas across the organization.
- Responsible for working with department leads within assigned client groups on talent management and succession planning within their teams.
- Responsible for establishing and administering a performance management & review system.
- In collaboration with HR leadership and key stakeholders, assist in the development and implementation of our Employer Brand and communication strategy with employees.
- Responsible for full life cycle of recruitment process for assigned client groups.
- In partnership with the senior HR leadership, manage all employee relations matters in a timely, professional, and strategic manner.
- Acts as a thought partner with managers to improve people-related priorities in the business unit.
- Assist leaders with strategic planning and forecasting needs regarding people and culture.
- Provides assistance and guidance to line management on a broad range of human resource policies, programs, and practices.
- Act as an initial point of contact and intermediary for managers and employees in assigned business units.
- Coach business leaders and managers on HR and people management practice.
- Maintain current understanding of the client’s department, strategy, people related issues by becoming valuable member of client’s leadership team.
- Become an Employee Champion acting as a single point of contact and intermediary for employees and management in assigned business units.
- Provides guidance, counseling, and training to managers and employees on employee relations issues.
- Actively investigates and recommends solutions to employee relations issues in a quick and efficient manner.
Act as a Functional Expert who works to:
- Maintain current understanding of the client’s department, strategy, people related issues by becoming valuable member of client’s leadership team can the broader business environment on an ongoing basis for trends and issues that may affect talent management in the organization.
- Maintain a current knowledge of legislation and regulation that relate to HR issues and participate in developing appropriate policies and procedures.
- Analyze a broad range of HR data to identify valid insights and convert these insights into recommendations the business can use to make decisions.
- Apply rigorous project management techniques to planning and implementing cross-functional P&C initiatives that support current and future business strategies.
- Strong consultation skills and experience influencing and interacting with executives.
- Thorough knowledge of human resource management practices and employment related legislation.
- Proficient in coaching, mediating, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, analysis, and problem solving.
Communicate with employees, management, outside third parties and other professionals via telephone, written correspondence, emails, and verbal methods. Engage and advise managers and staff on HR related policies, processes, and employee related concerns and/or complaints. Prepare reports containing data to support business operations. Maintain confidential communication with team members and management. Conduct onboarding and orientation sessions.
Provide customer service to internal clients (i.e., employees, managers, Department Leads, Executives) of all levels. Importance of building relationships, understanding needs, and responding to those needs cannot be understated.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills)
- Bachelor’s degree or post graduate degree/diploma in Human Resources Management.
- HRPA designation or working towards an HRPA designation considered an asset.
- 3-5 years of Human Resources Management experience.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Experience implementing programs and resolving issues related to all HR functions.
- Broad knowledge of regulatory guidelines and application of guidelines to the development of policies and practices.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong ability to take initiative, problem solve and make decisions.
- An understanding and experience of a fast-moving workplace.
- Strong track record of customer service and effective people skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a positive team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task without supervision.
- Strategic thinker and able to confidently provide reliable advice.
SUPERVISION & BUDGET AUTHORITY
- This role does not have supervisory or budgetary oversight.
- May be asked to provide input into the Human Resources budget and estimates related to employee engagement initiatives.
- Indoors in a shared office space.
- Depending on client groups supported, may require outside, walking in resort, golf, construction, manufacturing or other environment based on business groups supported.
- Wear appropriate uniform, personal protective equipment as required.
- Ability to sit and operate a computer for long periods of time.
- Ability to walk around to meet with staff on a regular basis and visit clients at their location if supporting client group outside physical work location.
The Great Gulf Group (“GGG”) is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, our tradespeople and suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with GGG is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.