Taboo - Resort Accountant
Are you financially inclined, have a sense of urgency and attention to detail? Taboo Muskoka is looking for a full time Resort Accountant. Reporting to the Senior Resort & Golf Accountant, the Resort Accountant is responsible for the daily and monthly verification, monitoring and reporting of all Taboo Muskoka revenue and expense transactions to ensure all have been accurately and correctly recorded in the books and record of individual entities and reported to management.
Come work & play on beautiful Lake Muskoka! Staff Housing Available! Taboo Muskoka is a privately owned Resort and Golf Operation in Gravenhurst, Ontario. Our mandate is to 'Create happiness by offering incredible Muskoka experiences to our guests and team."
- Reconcile Daily Flash Report (DFR) to PMS and POS systems and circulates report to Management before 9:00 a.m. each day and reconcile DFR to accounting records at the end of every month with explanation of any major variances.
- Prepare and input daily revenue journals for entry into Sage accounting system.
- Prepare, daily, before 2 p.m., bank deposit.
- Maintain and keep current an approved vendor/supplier database in the A/P system.
- Submit vendor/supplier invoices to the appropriate Department Head for approval and coding.
- Match vendor/supplier invoices to receiving reports, packing slips and purchase orders.
- Enter daily, with 100% accuracy, all approved invoices into the A/P system.
- Reconcile, at least monthly, vendor/supplier statements to invoices entered into the A/P system.
- Maintain files for all processed and unpaid invoices and unmatched purchase orders, receiving reports, packing slips and supplier statements.
- Enter necessary monthly accruals and prepaid expenditure entries.
- Open and keep current all Accounts Receivable accounts, including billing, monthly statements, filing and collection.
- Prepare invoices from Resort, Golf group business.
- Reconcile all Balance Sheet accounts monthly and make appropriate adjustments where necessary with the written approval of the Senior Resort / Golf Accountant
- Prepare monthly Summary of Capital Expenditures showing actual expenditures to-date against approved budget.
- Ensure all accounting documents and records are filed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Assists with internal and government audits.
- Process gratuity and cash tip outs biweekly
- Complete any other tasks assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills)
- Has completed high school, college or university obtaining an accounting designation.
- Can demonstrate good mathematical skills.
- Has over several years directly related experience.
- Has working knowledge of Sage, hospitality industry and Point of Sales (POS) Systems.
- Can meet established deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Can demonstrate effective time management skills.
- Can work well with others.
- Is organized, efficient and accurate.
- Possesses good verbal and written communication skills.
- Is customer oriented.
- Is a self-starter.
- Can plan and prioritize daily tasks.
- Can work with a minimum of supervision.
- Can work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Is experienced and technically competent in e-mail, word processing and spreadsheets
SUPERVISION & BUDGET AUTHORITY
- No supervisory authority.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT & REQUIREMENTS
- Indoors in a shared office space
- Ability to sit and operate a computer for long periods of time.
- Occasionally needs to lift and carry files weighing up to 25 pounds.
- $500 for referring fellow team members and earn $ for bringing in business
- Complimentary 2-night stay (off season)
- Complimentary use of resort amenities including trails, bikes, beach, pools, tennis, golf, gym
- Staff housing available (located in town of Gravenhurst – short 7kms or 5 mins from the resort)
- Shuttle services to and from staff housing and the resort
- Potential room for career advancement
- Staff (and friends and family) discounts on meals, rooms, merchandise and golf
- Staff appreciation events and activities
- Employee recognition program
- Employee Wellness Program
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We are not accepting International applicants without a valid work permit. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Taboo Muskoka is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Taboo Muskoka will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Taboo Muskoka is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with Taboo Muskoka is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.