If your friends were to describe you, would they say you’re FUN, OUTGOING and CREATIVE?! Are you into fitness, the great outdoors and want to get paid to do what you love through delivering exceptional customer service? If the answer is YES, YES and YES, come work & play in beautiful Muskoka this summer!
Taboo Muskoka is a privately owned Resort and Golf Operation whose mandate is to 'Create happiness by offering incredible Muskoka experiences to our guests and team" and our Recreation Department is looking for Recreation Attendants to help do exactly that! Promoting a fun and relaxing environment, you will lead guest events/activities (adult and children) including nature walks, bon fires, canoe/kayak trips etc.
If this sounds like it’s right up your aisle, keep reading!
KEY SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Encourage, recruit, register and schedule guests to participate in recreation activities;
- Possesses thorough knowledge of all dates, times, pricing and descriptions of all resort activities, events offered, as well as those of off property;
- Possess a clear understanding of all operations and procedures that take place at the Recreation/Adventure Centre desk, including but not limited to: taking and verifying guest activity reservations, issuing and filing liability waivers; verifying guest room and other guest information;
- Detailed preparation of incident reports and other required resort documentation;
- Collecting used/soiled pool and beach towels & folding and replenishing clean pool and beach towels;
- Promote and sell retail items & clearly understand and perform cash, credit/debit transactions;
- Ability to use creativity and quick thinking to handle and accommodate rare or difficult guest requests;
- Ability to effectively to record and distribute departmental communication to other resort outlets, specifically Frontdesk/guest services;
- Valid Ontario G class Driver’s License;
- Completion of high school or equivalent – Minimum age 16;
- Dynamic and positive personality interested in working with families with young children;
- Previous guest service experience an asset;
- Certified in 1st Aid training as asset;
- Experience in handling cash, credit and debit transactions
- Indoor and outdoor environments: Trails, water, heat, cold, dirt, bugs, rain.
- Ability to lift upwards of 30 pounds, carrying ice buckets or stumps of wood. This would be less than 10% of the time. Most lifting is with another person and transport is usually done by golf cart;
- Ability to lead and participate in physical activities, such as, but not limited to hiking, biking, tennis;
- Bending, twisting, crouching, using hand, arm, leg, and back muscles for cleaning, folding towels and distributing rental equipment.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT TABOO MUSKOKA
- $1 per hour bonus for completing your contract
- $500 for referring fellow team members and earn $ for bringing in business
- Complimentary 2-night stay (off season)
- Complimentary use of resort amenities including trails, bikes, beach, pools, tennis, golf, gym
- Staff housing available (located in town of Gravenhurst – short 7kms or 5 mins from the resort)
- Shuttle services to and from staff housing and the resort
- 50% rebate on housing costs upon completion of your contract
- Potential room for career advancement
- Staff (and friends and family) discounts on meals, rooms, merchandise and golf
- Staff appreciation events and activities
- Employee recognition program
- Employee Wellness Program
Taboo Muskoka is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Taboo Muskoka will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Please be aware that Taboo Muskoka has a mandatory vaccination policy in effect for all employees.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We are not accepting International applicants without a valid work permit. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.