Golf Taboo - Outside Service Attendant
Outside Service Attendant
Do you love the game of golf, meeting new people and not only know what it means to meet customer expectations? Taboo Muskoka is hiring Outside Service Attendants! If you're a self starter, can work under pressure and have a sense of urgency when it comes to delivery exceptional customer service, keep reading and see if this role is for you!
As our customers first point of contact, the Outside Service Attendant will set the tone for the day by greeting members, guests and visitors with a warm welcome and a smile. Constant contact with the Pro Shop and Operations staff is critical to deliver the best possible service.
Key Responsibilities include
- Obtain tee sheet from Pro Shop to ensure you know the names of arriving members and guests. Ensure to obtain a revised tee sheet every two hours or as required
- Greet guests upon arrival in a courteous and friendly manner
- Assist members and guests arriving and departing the bag drop area with clubs in or out of their vehicle
- Maintain constant contact with Pro Shop and operations staff, informing them of the arrival of all members and guests
- Keep podium and work area clean and neat at all times
- Set up and clean the driving range and pond/contest areas daily
- Clean, stock and store golf carts
- Provide guests with daily contest and event information, act as a Taboo Ambassador
- Assist with starting and marshalling when required
- Assist the F&B team when required
- Assist in the Proshop when required – including retail, answering phones, and making reservations
- Report any issues or concerns to your Supervisor or Director of Golf
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school level English communication skills.
- Prior experience in resort and golf operations an asset
- Must excel in customer service
- Proven organizational skills and an attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and a proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Be neat and professional in appearance
- Approach responsibilities in an organized and energetic manner
- Excellent public relations skills
- High regard for Health and Safety for self and others
- Long periods of standing on your feet.
- Must be willing to work morning and afternoon shifts, weekends and holidays.
Physical Environment & Requirements
- Work under pressure
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Outside in a variety of weather conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 LBS
- Long periods of standing on your feet
Benefits of Working at Taboo Muskoka
- $1 per hour bonus for completing your contract
- $500 for referring fellow team members and earn $ for bringing in business
- Complimentary 2-night stay (off season)
- Complimentary use of resort amenities including trails, bikes, beach, pools, tennis, golf, gym
- Staff housing available (located in town of Gravenhurst – short 7kms or 5 mins from the resort)
- Shuttle services to and from staff housing and the resort
- 50% rebate on housing costs upon completion of your contract
- Potential room for career advancement
- Staff (and friends and family) discounts on meals, rooms, merchandise and golf
- Staff appreciation events and activities
- Employee recognition program
- Employee Wellness Program
Taboo Muskoka is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Taboo Muskoka will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We are not accepting International applicants without a valid work permit. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Taboo Muskoka is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with Taboo Muskoka is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.