Manager, Software Development
Head Office - 351 King Street East, Toronto
Up to 10%, other than regular commute to the office of employment. Travel between Employee’s residence and office of employment does not qualify for reimbursement.
Responsible for developing and deploying both web and mobile applications in a professional manner with incredible attention to details, problem solving skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Develop and deploy mobile applications for iOS, iPadOS and Android platform.
- Responsible for providing hands-on architectural design for native iOS applications.
- Stay up to date with the latest advancements in iOS development and technologies.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with UX designers to deliver the best possible audience experience.
- Effectively report to Senior Developers and work well with other non-technical personnel
- Must be willing to participate as needed in various ongoing projects. Job requirements are subject to change from time to time according to project requirements and the challenges of the organization.
- Opportunity exists to take a lead role in new projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
COMMUNICATION/INFLUENCING OTHERS (Contacts)
This role will be interacting daily with colleagues across all departments.
This position entails customer service to all departments by ensuring user needs are met through the deployment and updates of web and mobile applications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able and willing to document code changes.
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, self-starter.
- Must be able to collaborate with a team or other departments.
- 3+ years PHP & SQL experience
- 5+ years of iOS/iPadOS experience
- Strong design and coding skills (Swift/Objective-C/Xcode/SwiftUI/UIKit/Android SDK)
- A solid grasp of fundamental algorithms and mobile applications
- In depth knowledge of regular expressions
- Must be comfortable in a Unix shell environment.
- Beneficial Qualifications
- Ability to program shell scripts (bash, awk, sed etc)
- Knowledge of XML
- Experience with image manipulation with server-side tools like ImageMagick, manipulating/creating PNG’s, image maps/hot spots.
- Preferred experience/training with object-oriented languages like C++
- Experience with desktop image manipulation using Photoshop, GIMP, etc
- Experience with 1 or more of the following an asset: jquery, bootstrap, handlebar, sass.
- Should have experience with 1 or more revision control systems, experience with Gitlab an asset.
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Engineering, College Programming degree in web and mobile application development, or equivalent industry experience
SUPERVISION & BUDGET AUTHORITY
- This position has no supervisory authority.
- Office environment – sitting/working at a desk/computer in a shared office space and/or remotely.
- Sitting at computer 90% of the time
- Manual dexterity is needed to operate a keyboard and mouse.
- Work under pressure in a fast-paced environment is critical to success in this role.
The Great Gulf Group (“GGG”) is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, our tradespeople and suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with GGG is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.