Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Are you a leader in the Golf Course maintenance field with a degree/diploma in Turf Management? Taboo Muskoka is recruiting for an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent to assist in leading the cultivation and maintenance of the golf course, along with providing supervision, leadership and support to the maintenance team.
Taboo Muskoka is a privately owned Resort and Golf Operation whose mandate is to 'Create happiness by offering incredible Muskoka experiences to our guests and team''.
- Meets daily with Golf Course Superintendent to discuss turf conditions, staff performance, scheduling, administrative matters and interdepartmental activities;
- Conduct morning meetings with all scheduled staff;
- Create and accurately maintain department critical path/diary;
- Involved in the hiring and training of turf staff;
- Maintains awareness of performance as it relates to the greens operating budget
- Delegation of responsibilities to qualified staff members;
- Network with industry professionals to remain current with trends and conditions;
- Communicates on a routine basis with the Taboo Management team;
- Ensure in association with Golf Course Superintendent, completion and communication of accurate records relating to:
- Human Resources – hiring, staffing, payroll, discipline, termination, WSIB
- Work Place Health & Safety – training and JHSC
- Water taking – recordings of daily usage
- Gasoline – safe handling, storage, on course transport, record of use
- Fertilizer and Pesticides – safe handling, storage and records of use, IPM scouting
- Oversee all golf course maintenance operations;
- Irrigation management, and repair
- Execute all assignments as delegated by Golf Course Superintendent;
- Assume all responsibilities of Golf Course Superintendent in their absence;
- Any other duties as assigned by Managing Director or Golf Course Manager.
- snow removal during winter months; assist with shoveling, snow blowing, operation of plow truck and skid steer use.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills)
- Diploma or Degree from recognized Turf Management Program
- Landscape Exterminators License
- At least three years of previous turf management experience
- Working knowledge of all golf course and property maintenance;
- Knowledge and experience in the planting, cultivation, pruning and caring for living plants;
- Construction methods and techniques;
- Accounting and budgeting;
- Planning, project management and preparation of staff schedules;
- Application of fertilizers and chemicals;
- Staff relations and motivation;
- Soils and agronomy;
- Valid Ontario “G” Class License;
- IPM Accreditation is an asset
- Lifting (up to 100 pounds), maneuvering maintenance equipment;
- Twisting, bending, walking, moving up and down, carrying/moving heavy items to different locations.
- Frequent working around dust and outdoor elements, wearing PPE if required, working outside in inclement weather on a daily basis.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for lengthy periods;
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions;
- Required at times to work long hours, during the golf season, which will include weekends and statutory holidays.
Taboo Muskoka is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Taboo Muskoka will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Please be aware that Taboo Muskoka has a mandatory vaccination policy in effect for all employees.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We are not accepting International applicants without a valid work permit. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Taboo Muskoka is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with Taboo Muskoka is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.