Are you physically fit, enjoy keeping busy, and like a variety of tasks in your summer job? Join Taboo Muskoka’s Housekeeping team as a Houseperson!
Come work & play on beautiful Lake Muskoka this summer! Staff Housing Available! Taboo Muskoka is a privately owned Resort and Golf Operation in Gravenhurst, Ontario. Our mandate is to 'Create happiness by offering incredible Muskoka experiences to our guests and team."
The Housekeeping department is the heart of the hotel, and is responsible for the cleanliness, aesthetic upkeep of rooms, public areas, and property. No level of service, friendliness or glamour can equal the sensation a guest has upon entering a spotless, tidy and fresh area. We are building our Housekeeping Team to ensure the heart keeps beating!
Full time and part-time positions available with various start and end dates ranging from May through October. We are hiring for the following positions; Houseperson Room Attendants, and Laundry Attendants.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES of HOUSEPERSON
- Linen and supply runner, delivery and pick of all housekeeping related items including loading and unloading glassware and dispensing to room attendants and or closets. As well as making an effort to ensure all laundry brought down to the laundry room and sorted for the laundry attendants. Packing and unpacking condo bags.
- Removal of all garbage throughout the resort, gather in proper areas and call engineering for pick up include wine and beer bottle/can collection organize collection for return.
- Ensuring all areas responsible for are clean and organized to resort standard: closets, hallways, staircases, storage rooms etc.
- Following through with any given tasks: cleaning BBQ’s shoveling decks, outside rounds for garbage pick-up, helping out within the dept., carry any room service items to kitchen deliver and or pick up of cots, play pens, bedrails, and high chairs. Cleaning change rooms in public areas when needed.
- Pick-up and delivery of any inventory required by inspector/ room attendant for rooms suites or condos as well as counting a restocking all housekeeping inventory, recognizing when items are short and need to be ordered or replaced.
- Houseperson will be required to use certain heavy equipment: Carpet extractor, industrial steamers.
- Positive and effective communication with the housekeeping team, including other house people, room attendants and laundry attendants. Follow communication policy when utilizing the radio to communicate with team. Communicate with guests in a positive manner.
- Be able to converse with guest in a positive way, always greeting guest with a smile! Knowledge of daily functions and activities and ability to communicate this to guests. Knowing when guest are needing assistance and who to call on.
- Valid G driver’s license.
- Room attendants are required to be inside and outside on regular bases will need to be able to adapt environment changes at all times.
- Will be exposed and expected to work in dirty and dusty conditions.
- Job requires you to be on your feet 100% of your shift.
- Be in good physical condition to perform extensive walking, bending, kneeling, lifting and stretching.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and to push carts loaded with linen and supplies weighing up to 100 pounds. Lifting, carrying and pushing up to 25% of time.
- Be able to climb up and down flights of stairs while carrying linen, supplies, and or garbage that could exceed up to 50 pounds.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT TABOO MUSKOKA
- $1 per hour bonus for completing your contract
- $500 for referring fellow team members and earn $ for bringing in business
- Complimentary 2-night stay (off season)
- Complimentary use of resort amenities including trails, bikes, beach, pools, tennis, golf, gym
- Staff housing available (located in town of Gravenhurst – short 7kms or 5 mins from the resort)
- Shuttle services to and from staff housing and the resort
- 50% rebate on housing costs upon completion of your contract
- Potential room for career advancement
- Staff (and friends and family) discounts on meals, rooms, merchandise and golf
- Staff appreciation events and activities
- Employee recognition program
- Employee Wellness Program
Taboo Muskoka is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Taboo Muskoka will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Please be aware that Taboo Muskoka has a mandatory vaccination policy in effect for all employees.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We are not accepting International applicants without a valid work permit. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Taboo Muskoka is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with Taboo Muskoka is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.