Taboo Accounting Clerk
Are you financially inclined, have a sense of urgency and attention to detail? Taboo Muskoka is looking for a part-time, seasonal Accounting Clerk. Taboo Muskoka is a privately owned Resort and Golf Operation whose mandate is to 'Create happiness by offering incredible Muskoka experiences to our guests and team.''
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for various tasks withing the Accounting Departments such as filing and assisting both the Senior Resort Accountant and the Accounting Assistant.
- Filing of Accounts Payable invoices and journal entries.
- Assist in preparing daily Golf Revenue Journals
- Assist with any group AR Billing – Pulling receipts, verifying revenue to BEO’s
- Assist with coding Accounts Payable invoices
- Entering Accounts Payable invoices into Sage 300 ACCPAC
- Reconcile all vendor/supplier statements at least once a month.
- Prepare Aged Payable report at the beginning of every week and review with the Resort Accountant to determine invoices to be paid in the current week.
- Prepare and submit cheques along with supporting documents on a weekly basis or as required.
- Enter Journals into Sage 300 ACCPAC
- Any other Duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ year’s accounting or hospitality experience.
- Can demonstrate good mathematical skills.
- Has over 2 years of directly related experience.
- Can work well with others.
- Is organized, efficient and accurate.
- Possesses good verbal and written communication skills.
- Is customer oriented.
- Is a self-starter.
- Can plan and prioritize daily tasks.
- Can work with a minimum of supervision.
- Can work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Can meet established deadlines.
- Is experienced in e-mail, word processing and spreadsheets, AccPac.
- Indoors in a shared office space.
- Ability to sit and operate a computer for long periods of time.
- Occasionally needs to lift and carry files weighing up to 25 pounds.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT TABOO MUSKOKA
- $1 per hour bonus for completing your contract
- $500 for referring fellow team members and earn $ for bringing in business
- Complimentary 2-night stay (off season)
- Complimentary use of resort amenities including trails, bikes, beach, pools, tennis, golf, gym
- Staff housing available (located in town of Gravenhurst – short 7kms or 5 mins from the resort)
- Shuttle services to and from staff housing and the resort
- 50% rebate on housing costs upon completion of your contract
- Potential room for career advancement
- Staff (and friends and family) discounts on meals, rooms, merchandise and golf
- Staff appreciation events and activities
- Employee recognition program
- Employee Wellness Program
Taboo Muskoka is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Taboo Muskoka will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Please be aware that Taboo Muskoka has a mandatory vaccination policy in effect for all employees.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We are not accepting International applicants without a valid work permit. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Taboo Muskoka is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with Taboo Muskoka is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.