Taboo Room Attendant
Are you a behind the scenes kind of person and enjoy a more structured approach to work? Maybe you’re a local looking to get out of the house and want to socialize with an awesome team, or it's your first job and you’re looking for a great place to get some experience, stay active & fit. Join Taboo Muskoka’s Housekeeping team as a Room Attendant!
Come work & play on beautiful Lake Muskoka this summer! Staff Housing Available! Taboo Muskoka is a privately owned Resort and Golf Operation in Gravenhurst, Ontario.
The Housekeeping department is the heart of the hotel, and is responsible for the cleanliness, aesthetic upkeep of rooms, public areas, and property. No level of service, friendliness or glamour can equal the sensation a guest has upon entering a spotless, tidy and fresh area. We are building our Housekeeping Team to ensure the heart keeps beating!
Full time and part-time positions available with various start and end dates ranging from May through October. We are hiring for the following positions; Room Attendants, Houseperson and Laundry Attendants.
ROOM ATTENDANT KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cleaning of all assigned rooms and or condos ensuring cleanliness meets resort standard.
- Cleaning and organizing cart or caddy with daily supplies filling at beginning of shift and removing at end of shift.
- Care and control of all equipment used throughout the day, such as vacuums and or carts.
- Being responsible for the assigned area ensuring the cleanliness is up to standard, hallways, condo pathways/ ground etc.
- Knowing any health and safety risks and avoiding injury while working by following WHMIS protocol.
- Removal of all garbage throughout room/ condo.
- Counting of all inventory in room and condo, ensuring all is there and replace if needed.
- High regard for Health and Safety for self and others
- Positive and effective communication with the housekeeping team, including other room attendants, house people and laundry attendants.
- Follow communication policy when utilizing the radio to communicate with team. Communicate with guests in a positive manner.
- Be able to converse with guest in a positive way, always greeting guest with a smile!
- Ability to follow step by step daily functions and activities and ability to communicate this to guests.
- Knowing when guests are needing assistance and who to call on.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills)
- Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English at a high school level.
- Knowledge of hotel property, facilities, history and region.
- Understand how to use cleaning equipment, supplies and chemicals safely; follow WHMIS health and safety requirement when performing duties use PPE.
- Room attendants are required to be inside and outside on regular bases will need to be able to adapt environment changes at all times.
- Will be exposed and expected to work in dirty and dusty conditions.
- Job requires you to be on your feet 100% of your shift.
- Be in good physical condition to perform extensive walking, bending, kneeling, lifting and stretching.
- Able to lift 25 pounds and to push carts loaded with linen and supplies weighing up to 100 pounds. Lifting, carrying and pushing up to 25% of time.
- Be able to climb up and down flights of stairs while carrying linen, supplies, and or garbage that could exceed up to 25 pounds.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT TABOO MUSKOKA
- $1 per hour bonus for completing your contract
- $500 for referring fellow team members and earn $ for bringing in business
- Complimentary 2-night stay (off season)
- Complimentary use of resort amenities including trails, bikes, beach, pools, tennis, golf, gym
- Staff housing available (located in town of Gravenhurst – short 7kms or 5 mins from the resort)
- Shuttle services to and from staff housing and the resort
- 50% rebate on housing costs upon completion of your contract
- Potential room for career advancement
- Staff (and friends and family) discounts on meals, rooms, merchandise and golf
- Staff appreciation events and activities
- Employee recognition program
- Employee Wellness Program
Taboo Muskoka is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Taboo Muskoka will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Please be aware that Taboo Muskoka has a mandatory vaccination policy in effect for all employees.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We are not accepting International applicants without a valid work permit. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.